Sign In Here If You Are A Craft Beer Wanka - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sign In Here If You Are A Craft Beer Wanka

Aldi has a six week Scottish Craft Beer Festival on at the moment (four weeks in)

LAF Californian Steam Beer by a mob from Deeside is really nice,Wild Boar by Burnside from Deeside (I think) is also really nice.I got some Gold Digga to try.

Don't know if they still do it, but Inveralmond's Homecoming Scotland ale is lovely. I'm also quite partial to Brewdog's Hardcore IPA, under it's cheaper guise of Tesco Finest American Double IPA.

Theakston's Distiller's Cask is also a very good shout: "Theakston's finest Masham ale, warmly acquainted with the flavours of Speyside malt whisky."

Not sure if they're technically craft beers, but well worth a try.

Edited by in5omniac

Guest flumax

I like flavoursome booze and hunt it down wherever possible be it craft or cask.

In Dublin we Went to a couple of the porterhouse places, a Galway bay place, J. W. Sweet "somethings" , but the best by far was the headline or headliner (it was getting hazy by that point) , it Had the largest selection in Ireland by all accounts.

Guest flumax

I'm also quite partial to Brewdog's Hardcore IPA, under it's cheaper guise of Tesco Finest American Double IPA.

I was speaking to one of there brew staff about this, it is designed specifically for tesco and isn't hipa. At £1.95 you can't go wrong, was recently at £1.65 and stocked up for a while

Guest flumax

Wtf's a craft beer?

in my opinion is marketing speak for small batch production of pasteurised, unliving beer, which is decarbonated, then recarbonated when served under pressure.

in my opinion is marketing speak for small batch production of pasteurised, unliving beer, which is decarbonated, then recarbonated when served under pressure.

Yes, essentially beer for hipsters with too much money.

As opposed to cultured folk who drink live beer.

Edited by johnnie x