Euro 2016 Finals -Ticket Portal - Page 17 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Euro 2016 Finals -Ticket Portal

stirlish

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got nothing.

Loads of my mates who have been to every home and away game in the last few campaigns missed out on tickets for the Poland game in Nice. It appears that UEFA disregarded the loyality points provided by the IFA and just did an open ballot and gave most of the tickets to folk in the highest priced categories. UEFA have tonight released an extra 1000 tickets to NI fans for the Poland game to hopefully resolve the issue!

Guys with zero points got Poland tickets ahead of guys with 29 points (max is 30).

Loads of my mates who have been to every home and away game in the last few campaigns missed out on tickets for the Poland game in Nice. It appears that UEFA disregarded the loyality points provided by the IFA and just did an open ballot and gave most of the tickets to folk in the highest priced categories. UEFA have tonight released an extra 1000 tickets to NI fans for the Poland game to hopefully resolve the issue!

Guys with zero points got Poland tickets ahead of guys with 29 points (max is 30).

Apologies! Never realised you were a NI Fan.

I opportunistically applied as I have a NI passport (and to a lesser extent love Josh Megennis).

I applied for the Ukraine & Germany games in Cat B/C/D and didn't get any. Unsurprisingly i'm not too downhearted about the whole situation.

I've got a mate who moved to oz six years ago, hasnt been back in the UK since then and got tickets for all 3 games. As you can imagine the guys who missed out are a bit annoyed but hopefully the uefa news tonight will sort it out.

Folks

Just for those who applied for tickets on the UEFA ticketing website...the FAI have informed us that UEFA will start taking money from our accounts tomorrow for successful applicants.

Presume tomorrow  will be the day for most ticket applicants no matter what country  ....so to be safe , if ye have applied ...make sure ye have correct funds in ye're accounts by tomorrow

On 09 February 2016 at 9:24 PM, deecie said:

Apologies! Never realised you were a NI Fan.

I opportunistically applied as I have a NI passport (and to a lesser extent love Josh Megennis).

I applied for the Ukraine & Germany games in Cat B/C/D and didn't get any. Unsurprisingly i'm not too downhearted about the whole situation.

How can you have a NI passport? There is no such thing as a NI passport.

9 hours ago, deecie said:

Yes, it does say Northern Ireland.

Would you get out of that. Are you actually being serious? You choose to ignore the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and" bit and just acknowledge the "Northern Ireland" part and that makes it a Northern Ireland passport :lol:

By that logic every British citizen holds a Northern Ireland passport rather than a United Kingdom passport. Surely you can't actually believe this :lol:

8 minutes ago, the_walls said:

Would you get out of that. Are you actually being serious? You choose to ignore the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and" bit and just acknowledge the "Northern Ireland" part and that makes it a Northern Ireland passport :lol:

By that logic every British citizen holds a Northern Ireland passport rather than a United Kingdom passport. Surely you can't actually believe this :lol:

It can be both.

Hope this isn't too hard for you to understand.

4 minutes ago, deecie said:

It can be both.

Hope this isn't too hard for you to understand.

Yes I am clearly thick and lack basic comprehension :lol:

It 100% cannot be both. The passport is a United Kingdom passport. The United Kingdom's official title is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is mentioned as it is not a part of Great Britain, it goes no further than that, it is simply a statement of geographic fact. Just like there is no such thing as a Great Britain passport, there is no such thing as a Northern Ireland passport. There is simply a United Kingdom passport. 

On 25 January 2016 at 11:42 AM, TartanDave said:

Thanks John,

4 for France - Albania at velodrome, category 3.

4 for Wales- Russia in toulouse, category 3.

4 for winner group f - runner up group e, cat 3 in toulouse (the ones I'm not sure about offloading as looks a cracking tie)

u still got the france v albania tickets, i would be interested in buying these