John Collins Been On The Glue? - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

John Collins Been On The Glue?

All the rangers fans think the media are biased towards celtic. All celtic fans think the media are biased towards the rangers. All other teams fans think they are biased towards celtic and the rangers. Not everyone can be right.

The only thing everyone can agree on is that they are overwhelmingly biased in favour of the union.

There are very few Celtic fans writing for the Scottish press - the vast majority of them are fully fledged members of the Laptop Loyal.

I have to say I think he's one of the most overrated players in Europe. I really hope he doesn't go to Sunderland as I think he'd get found out big time, having said that, I find it strange he's not dying to link up with Advocaat as I would've thought that would've done his international chances and exposure to the Dutch set up the world of good.

Aye, because the Scottish media never have a good word for Celtic. :-)) I just wish that some Celtic and Rangers fans could see how Scottish football reporting looks from the non ugly sisters side of things, just for a few weeks or so. Then they may start to realise just how pathetic their viewpoints are.

*BTW, before any Rangers fans come on to protest that this thread has nothing to do with their club, the point i am replying to is about the disparity of views between two clubs in our media.

Stop comparing. RFC get far more favourable media coverage. Graham Speirs ,a Rangers fan admitted this.

He's not even the best player in the Celtic back four.

I had a look at Van Dijk's career history. He came from Groningen......reasonably average Dutch side that Aberdeen beat last season...to Celtic.

3 Dutch u-21 caps. Hmmm. OK...not bad (ish).

Gets amazing reviews in Scotland because he plays for one of the establishment clubs, and is capable of passing the ball against St Mirren and Kilmarnock,

Nowhere near a full Dutch cap, because they realise that passing the ball twice against St Mirren and Kilmarnock isn't quite what they're looking for.

Hyped up by the Scottish media because he's a foreigner that plays for one of the OF. He must be superbly brilliantly magical.

I think that sums it up.

The media talk up (or are told to) Van Dijk as Celtic own him and see him as a sellable asset.

Denayer who is an infinitely better defender never got the same press coverage as he is Manchester City's asset.

No use in Celtic or the media talking him up as it was of no benefit to them. It's laughable but that's just how they seem to operate.

I had a look at Van Dijk's career history. He came from Groningen......reasonably average Dutch side that Aberdeen beat last season...to Celtic.

3 Dutch u-21 caps. Hmmm. OK...not bad (ish).

Gets amazing reviews in Scotland because he plays for one of the establishment clubs, and is capable of passing the ball against St Mirren and Kilmarnock,

Nowhere near a full Dutch cap, because they realise that passing the ball twice against St Mirren and Kilmarnock isn't quite what they're looking for.

Hyped up by the Scottish media because he's a foreigner that plays for one of the OF. He must be superbly brilliantly magical.

I think that sums it up.

Doesn't really sum it up. He can pass it twice against Aberdeen quite easily as well as St Mirren or Killie. Surely that means his TAMB value is around £15 million now?