John Collins Been On The Glue? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

John Collins Been On The Glue?

Celtic business model is to get top dollar for the players they sell on. He is just towing the party line. Their pals in the media will help get the message out.

Exactly.

I mean come on if you were putting an advert in the paper trying to sell your car would you write: Loads of owners, covered in rust, thirsty engine and spongy breaks.

Of course not. You bum the thing up to elevate the price or concentrate on the strong points.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Exactly.

I mean come on if you were putting an advert in the paper trying to sell your car would you write: Loads of owners, covered in rust, thirsty engine and spongy breaks.

Of course not. You bum the thing up to elevate the price or concentrate on the strong points.

Aye Fair point. You wouldn't call your Ford Focus a Ferrari though would you? Quite sure someone would notice.

There is bumming up your player. Then there is just plain ridiculous.

This thread reminds me of the old Only an Excuse sketch - when it was funny - with Tony Roper playing Tony Fitzpatrick as a car salesman trying to talk up St Mirren players. "this Lambert's a great wee runner".

On Van Dijk

'I watch Champions League and Premier League football every week. There is currently no better Centre Half in Europe'

Don't get me wrong VVD is decent but come on tae John. Mentalist :) :)

Dare you to say that to him face to face. He'll have the six-pack oot quicker than you can say 'we can settle this by having a sit-up race'.

Dare you to say that to him face to face. He'll have the six-pack oot quicker than you can say 'we can settle this by having a sit-up race'.

Haha I only actually heard this story recently. To be fair to him he still looks like he could do a job for someone now.

Aye Fair point. You wouldn't call your Ford Focus a Ferrari though would you? Quite sure someone would notice.

There is bumming up your player. Then there is just plain ridiculous.

It happens at every club in football. It is called wanting as much money as you can get for players you are selling. EVERY club from the lowest form on non-league clubs to Real Madrid do it.

I've said many times, he's a poor defender. He's good on the ball and excellent when coming forward with it and starting attacks.

He's a liability when he has to defend though.

I've said many times, he's a poor defender. He's good on the ball and excellent when coming forward with it and starting attacks.

He's a liability when he has to defend though.

Totally agree. I thought Denayer was the better defender of the two.

Who are Celtic's pals in the media? The majority of Scotland's media are RFC apologists who pretend they are ICT fans or St Mirren fans.

Pals in the media :lol:

You probably believe that as well, that's the scary part.

Aye, because the Scottish media never have a good word for Celtic. :-)) I just wish that some Celtic and Rangers fans could see how Scottish football reporting looks from the non ugly sisters side of things, just for a few weeks or so. Then they may start to realise just how pathetic their viewpoints are.

*BTW, before any Rangers fans come on to protest that this thread has nothing to do with their club, the point i am replying to is about the disparity of views between two clubs in our media.

All the rangers fans think the media are biased towards celtic. All celtic fans think the media are biased towards the rangers. All other teams fans think they are biased towards celtic and the rangers. Not everyone can be right.

The only thing everyone can agree on is that they are overwhelmingly biased in favour of the union.

Have the Scottish media ever followed the Rangers players to another country on a Christmas night out then printed lies on their from page about them?

Or any other club for that matter?

Remember it was the media who were banging the drum for Sevco being parachuted into the top flight. Didn't see any sympathy for Celtic when they were placing funeral cars in front of CP with "Celtic RIP" as the headline.

Well they're not laughing now.Timmy is on top and that's the way it's going to stay. The rebels have won.

Edited by At U Peter

Have the Scottish media ever followed the Rangers players to another country on a Christmas night out then printed lies on their from page about them?

Or any other club for that matter?

Remember it was the media who were banging the drum for Sevco being parachuted into the top flight. Didn't see any sympathy for Celtic when they were placing funeral cars in front of CP with "Celtic RIP" as the headline.

Well they're not laughing now.Timmy is on top and that's the way it's going to stay. The rebels have won.

Sorry I was wrong. It's you that's been on the glue :D

It happens at every club in football. It is called wanting as much money as you can get for players you are selling. EVERY club from the lowest form on non-league clubs to Real Madrid do it.

Ffs you would argue sugar was shite sir. I'm agreeing with you that this happens.

is there no one for you to annoy on the tennis thread today or what? :) :) :D

All the rangers fans think the media are biased towards celtic. All celtic fans think the media are biased towards the rangers. All other teams fans think they are biased towards celtic and the rangers. Not everyone can be right.

The only thing everyone can agree on is that they are overwhelmingly biased in favour of the union.

Replace media with 'referees' and you have another one m8.

You wonder what planet some Folk are on!

Most Dutch football commentators and fans think that van Dijk is a fairly decent player who plays with a diddy club in a diddy league.

You won't meet many who believe he's close to international standard at this moment in time.