This Time Next Year....? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This Time Next Year....?

northernscum

Horrific tournament, but i am sure the good people of Greece couldn't give a flying f#ck about that!

That result, along with Denmark in '92 gave hope to all of us that the seemingly impossible IS possible!

Eh? I thought it was a Great tournament. Remember the Czechs beating Netherlands 3-2 awesome game

Edited by radian_13

Eh? I thought it was a Great tournament. Remember the Czechs beating Netherlands 3-2 awesome game

Aye fair enough! I suppose "horrific" is a bit of an exaggeration :-)) I was thinking mainly about Greece's performances through the tournament, especially in the knock out stages. But, job done.

Horrific tournament, but i am sure the good people of Greece couldn't give a flying f#ck about that!

That result, along with Denmark in '92 gave hope to all of us that the seemingly impossible IS possible!

Denmark were a decent footballing side then though; in comparison to Greece

Albeit a bit of luck thrown in along the way ; a basketball play en route to a goal in final v Germany

Only 8 teams in it back then I recall

3 group games , semi , then final

A team that was on holiday mode until civil war kicked off in Yugoslavia seeing off the Dutch and Germans though was great

Two weeks ago, I was walking up Buchanan Street in Glasgow when I heard the skirl o' the pipes. It then crossed my mind it was only a year til the finals. The whole country will be buzzing if we're there. I'm desperate to qualify again. Desperate!