Le Tour 2015 - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Le Tour 2015

Big day today. Looks like a mental finish firing doon a big mountain :shocked:

Hopefully Tejay can hold off Contador. Pretty resigned to Froome and Quintana being 1 and 2, but still hope for Tejay regarding a podium finish for my 33/1 ew.

Day off today so get to watch it live - that on the computer in the kitchen, next to the wee telly wi the firestick on the golf, as I have a small interest on Garcia ew at 125/1. Beers may be taken. :cheers3:

Edited by killiefaetheferry

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its perfectly possible that froome is clean now but was his sudden rise to top level clean ?

Will anyone ever know ?

What did Wiggins think of Froome ? Was suspicion of Froome the reason behind Wiggins' dislike of him?

It's the sudden rise that has everyone wondering about Froome.

There's multiple reports that when he was at the World Cycling Centre they knew he had potential, it was just a case of whether he could realise it. He's still a terrible bike-handler now and the stem-staring, elbows-out position he has is unorthodox to put it kindly, so you can still see that any improvement he has made is confined to his legs and his lungs. He also had Bilharzia between about 2009 and 2013, and reports suggest his form coincides with how well his treatement was going at any given time.

As such, the guy has as many explanations as those who think he's doping have evidence (whether substantial or not) to back up their theories, so ultimately it comes down to what any one person chooses to believe. Like most things in life, people will form an opinion and then find evidence to back up that opinion, instead of looking at it objectively.

I don't think we'll ever know about Froome, though.

If he was going to fail a test, I think it would have happened by now; If he's clean, it's almost impossible for him to conclusively prove he's not doping to his doubters, and I doubt they'd believe hm no matter what he did anyway; and he doesn't have and ego like Armstrong where he'd bring the whole thing down himself.

Big day today. Looks like a mental finish firing doon a big mountain :shocked:

Hopefully Tejay can hold off Contador. Pretty resigned to Froome and Quintana being 1 and 2, but still hope for Tejay regarding a podium finish for my 33/1 ew.

Day off today so get to watch it live - that on the computer in the kitchen, next to the wee telly wi the firestick on the golf, as I have a small interest on Garcia ew at 125/1. Beers may be taken. :cheers3:

The descent in to Gap was just another part of the race, until 2003 when Joseba Beloki crashed and ended his career, and Armstrong decided to ride through a field. Now it's the most exciting part of the stage.

If the GC contenders were at the front today, I'd fancy Nibali as he's by far the best descender, but I think a breakaway should win today.

Teejay may survive in 3rd today and Wednesday, but I don't see him holding on up to La Toussuire and Alpe D'huez on Friday and Saturday.

Contador, Valverde or both will take time off him.

Indeed hence why everyone but a few thought Lance was clean we all believed he was a miracle, it was only those with the critical thinking skills and an inclination to prove themselves wrong that changed their mind and realised he was dirty.An honest review of the evidence was pretty damning once you read it.

Although the governing body was complicit as well as a lot of the press to varying degrees, although there is a small sub-set of British folk who were against Lance but won't even think about SKY, there is much more evidence for Lance than SKY, i'm not conflating their burden of evidence, more the ability to entertain a thought about SKY doping.

Most sports anti-doping system is just a charade for appearances anyway in my opinion.

Not sure if he managed to keep a hold of 6th but he was powering back, cyclists are tough mofo's :ok:

Just seen Thomas' crash. That's the kind of one you don't think they're getting up from

Must have got lucky with the impact but still incredible to get back at all, let along catching up quite well as he did.

Yep nasty looking crash for Geraint...hope he's ok

And yes a lot of drug testing does seem a sham.

For years it was countries testing their own athletes. ..and covering up repeatedly.

Even now its hardly a uniform system.

Athletes who had failed are allowed back after short periods and more than once.

Its probable the next 100m world champion will be a previously banned athlete.

And with Lance Armstrong's case each time he DID fail he just paid off cycling officials to keep bis record apparently clean.

And as we now know virtually every winning rider in that era was doping.

And it's not over yet. Astana have been shown to be doping in a major way.

Yet still the tour isnt strong enough to ban them or remove last year's title from Nibali.

Its significant he isn't doing half as well this year...

Good luck to Froome and Sky and I hopex its all above board. But we won't really know for maybe years to come if ever.

Are sky clean? I'm not sure. I'm going along with it for now. It's a nice story to believe and I'm not going to be outraged if it turns out they are doping.

I enjoy the tour for the spectacle of it, I don't really care who wins. Doping is endemic in cycling and there's a tendency (for me at least) to say, let them get on with it if they want, I just want to watch the race.

Quintana lost 1:28 on the 2nd stage to crosswinds as well.

I want to see how fast he went up Alpe as he seemed to be flying.

Set the record for Croix de Fer and a 39:22 Alpe hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by phart

17th fastest Alpe climb in history (taking out TT's) after the fastest Col de la Croix de Fer, no wonder Froome couldn't go with them.

all on the 4th mountain and last day of a hard, hard tour.

Cracking race today.

Now who's (French media in particular) going to start asking questions about Quintana's drug intake as he's gubbed Froome the last 2 days ?

Didn't see anyone spitting on him or throwing urine in his face.

Maybe that'll come in the next 1-2 years if he wins it.

Cracking race today.

Now who's (French media in particular) going to start asking questions about Quintana's drug intake as he's gubbed Froome the last 2 days ?

Didn't see anyone spitting on him or throwing urine in his face.

Maybe that'll come in the next 1-2 years if he wins it.

My thoughts exactly.