Ticket Sales - Page 18 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales

kmcca5

Yeah they have.

I have tickets for the South Stand Upper sitting in my house.

There's only been sections at the side of the upper south stand on sale. 80 % of it hasn't gone on sale yet. They don't put most of the upper south stand on sale until they've sold everywhere else. Did the same with the Germany game

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only been sections at the side of the upper south stand on sale. 80 % of it hasn't gone on sale yet. They don't put most of the upper south stand on sale until they've sold everywhere else. Did the same with the Germany game

Why do they do this for games that are going to sell out surely it would be easier for the fans if all tickets went on sale at once but I guess there will be a reason for it.

Edited by tartanlad

Why do they do this for games that are going to sell out surely it would be easier for the fans if all tickets went on sale at once but I guess there will be a reason for it.

It's the SFA, when do they ever do things which make sense? It's especially bad seeing as they are essentially not selling the best seats in the ground to SSC Members (those who pay the most)

Its so they can pretend there's massive demand, create the illusion that if you get a ticket you're really lucky, and they can then charge a premium price for those tickets.

Man Utd have been doing the same thing for years with their season tickets, and their alleged season ticket waiting list. I get a phone call from them every summer (and have done for about the past 10 years) asking if I want to buy one.

Create the illusion of huge demand and "nearly sold out" and you can bump up the prices.

I would say its more to do with making the stadium look full for TV, your not going to notice a few blocks of empty seats in south upper on TV are you however a few empty blocks behind the goals doesn't look so good. I'm surprised there is still tickets left for the Germany game to be fair * showing only 7 tickets left online for Germany game

Edited by Haggis1875

Germany now showing sold out online, but it has displayed that before. We will need to wait for official comfirmation, just in case they have held back tickets again.

has it actually shown as being sold out without being able to go onto the stadium map? I think all areas of the ground have been on sale and they've noone to hold back tickets for now?

Germany now showing sold out online, but it has displayed that before. We will need to wait for official comfirmation, just in case they have held back tickets again.

about 32 tickets have just come on sale Section P1 in the South Stand.

If anyone is interested I have 2 hospitality tickets for the Scotland Germany game on 7th sept. It's a champagne reception, free bar, 4 course meal and luxury seats. My boyfriend now can't go after spending nearly £700 on the tickets so open to offers to try and make some of our money back.

I will open the bidding... I have a "£2.73 off your next shop" voucher for Tesco.

I will open the bidding... I have a "£2.73 off your next shop" voucher for Tesco.

I'll see your £2.73 Tesco voucher and I'll raise the stakes and throw in the back of an old bus ticket with an offer double whopper, large fries and drink meal from Burger King for £2.99

If anyone is interested I have 2 hospitality tickets for the Scotland Germany game on 7th sept. It's a champagne reception, free bar, 4 course meal and luxury seats. My boyfriend now can't go after spending nearly £700 on the tickets so open to offers to try and make some of our money back.

Clearly your definition of 'free bar' is a bit different to that of the rest of us.

Good luck getting rid although I doubt you will have much interest at that price.

Wee idea for you. Buy a book of raffle tickets. Get 140 tickets and sell them for a fiver each. I would wager plenty of folk would buy a ticket. Someone that was going to spend £700 on hospitality would have already done so by now I reckon.

Good luck

I'll see your £2.73 Tesco voucher and I'll raise the stakes and throw in the back of an old bus ticket with an offer double whopper, large fries and drink meal from Burger King for £2.99

It appears that I may no longer be the highest bidder (although if you want to get technical, I think the difference between £2.99 and the cost of the meal may be less than £2.73). Just in case, I will chuck in a Road Runner Pez dispenser. It even has approx 7 sweets left in it. Beat that.

I may be interested in coming with you.

Post a picture of yourself,I may pay for us both.

It appears that I may no longer be the highest bidder (although if you want to get technical, I think the difference between £2.99 and the cost of the meal may be less than £2.73). Just in case, I will chuck in a Road Runner Pez dispenser. It even has approx 7 sweets left in it. Beat that.

Sorry, down to 4 Pez's now. I only meant to take 1, but 3 fell out.