Ticket Sales - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ticket Sales

kmcca5

You would think so but some folk arent that bothered about home games and prefer just the away games. Dozens on here going to Faro early so will miss the Poland game. I think there will be a public sale. Not that many folk I know who have a season ticket are buying extra.

Any chance I can get their SSC numbers so I can sort my dad etc out?!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet they do. Both matches will be a sell out regardless of who buys the tickets.

If we beat Georgia and get anything from the Germany game we could fill Hampden three times over for the Poland game.

Yes but the problem is the sale of tickets will be well over long before the Georgia game and we must ensure it does not go to public sale for the Poland game.Poland game will be a sell out no matter what. Question is how many Poles will be inside. That is up to us to keep it to a minimum. It is the duty of every SSC member to purchase tickets for Poland game even if not going so we can get them on to non members.

Yes but the problem is the sale of tickets will be well over long before the Georgia game and we must ensure it does not go to public sale for the Poland game.Poland game will be a sell out no matter what. Question is how many Poles will be inside. That is up to us to keep it to a minimum. It is the duty of every SSC member to purchase tickets for Poland game even if not going so we can get them on to non members.

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Some members might not fancy forking out £35-£45 on the off chance that someone (who's not Polish) will take their ticket. I'm sure they'd get rid of it easy enough but they might not fancy the hassle.

As long as a good percentage of season ticket holders take up their option of two extra tickets then I think the public sale for both games will be very small.

okay for SSC members to buy tickets for a home game and pass on to non members but not for away games?

Edited by Langtonian

That is true. You do get a lot members who live outside Scotland but I still think the vast majority will be going to at least the Germany game. 34,000 might be a bit optimistic though.

One of my mates is going to miss the Poland game but only because he's a doughball and didn't think about when it was before booking his flights to Portugal.

Yip, live in England and going to Georgia and Faro. No way in a million years can I then head up for the home games. Both on the home and work front.

J

okay for SSC members to buy tickets for a home game and pass on to non members but not for away games?

Well yes, every member is guaranteed a ticket for home games to do with as they please.

Only they Elite get away tickets.

If the games were on a saturday Jamie, would you have made it up ?

It's not so much the days, it's the combined time away from home. Whichever way you cut it, to go to both home and away games it's a week away from home and my missus would skin me.

J

It's not so much the days, it's the combined time away from home. Whichever way you cut it, to go to both home and away games it's a week away from home and my missus would skin me.

J

Plus browny points if we make it to france required. At least you are geographically closer than we are.

Yip, live in England and going to Georgia and Faro. No way in a million years can I then head up for the home games. Both on the home and work front.

J

Completely understandable if you live in England or further afield. I just can't understand why any fee paying member who lives in Scotland (particularly Central Scotland) would choose to miss one or both our two biggest games since 2007. Especially the guys who are going to Portugal early to save a few bob.

I'd rather miss Faro and be at Hampden for Poland game.

Too late now. Booked flights back in January.

Don't get me wrong I love watching Scotland, but I love traveling as well. Throw in some October sunshine and it would have to be the WC final at Hampden to drag me away.

Horses for courses I guess.

J