T In The Park - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can buy day tickets for Sat & Sun, about £92 a day this year.

If you knew someone who wanted to go Friday you could buy a weekend non camping for £195. Just had to be handed over to the person attending each day before they go. I've a mate going Fri & Sat but can't make Sun, he's giving his weekend ticket to another mate to go Sunday.

Can buy day tickets for Sat & Sun, about £92 a day this year.

If you knew someone who wanted to go Friday you could buy a weekend non camping for £195. Just had to be handed over to the person attending each day before they go. I've a mate going Fri & Sat but can't make Sun, he's giving his weekend ticket to another mate to go Sunday.

Not quite as straightforward as that. The weekend tickets come with a wrist band that are sealed. If they are tampered with they can turn you away.

I did this 3 years ago and had to argue with the steward for ages before they would let me in. This was after them getting a supervisor and the like. I had been given the band and ticket for free so it was no real drama but a bit risky if you are shelling out £65 only to be turned away.

Having now seen the full line up, I can honestly say there is no one apart from Noel Gallagher that I would pay to see.

Sad to see T fall like this,I remember when you couldn't get tickets for love nor money,now it seems you can buy them up to the day.

Having now seen the full line up, I can honestly say there is no one apart from Noel Gallagher that I would pay to see.

Sad to see T fall like this,I remember when you couldn't get tickets for love nor money,now it seems you can buy them up to the day.

Headliners apart I think this is one of the best T line ups in years. There are some excellent acts further down the bill such as The Cribs, Blossoms, St Vincent, Alabama Shakes, Wolf Alice, Modest Mouse, Admiral Fallow, Benjamin Booker.Black Rivers. Plenty to see over the weekend. Shame I'm not going!

Headliners apart I think this is one of the best T line ups in years. There are some excellent acts further down the bill such as The Cribs, Blossoms, St Vincent, Alabama Shakes, Wolf Alice, Modest Mouse, Admiral Fallow, Benjamin Booker.Black Rivers. Plenty to see over the weekend. Shame I'm not going!

I have, quite honestly, heard of 0 of those bands. :lol:

I'm the same, plenty acts in the lower end of the bill I'd like to see. I'm only going up on the Sunday so will miss a few I fancy.

Adding to your list-

Catfish and the Bottlemen, Everything Everything, The View, The Courteeners, The Vaccines, Circa Waves, Jamie T, The Prodigy, The Coronas, The Xcerts.

Definitely plenty I could listen to all weekend.

I'd agree. Let themselves down with headliners. That said still better line up than anywhere other than Glastonbury this year IMO.

Not quite as straightforward as that. The weekend tickets come with a wrist band that are sealed. If they are tampered with they can turn you away.

No they don't.

Weekend CAMPING come with a wrist band which shows you are entitled to enter the campsite. Weekend NON CAMPING, which I mentioned, have no wrist bands. Having had a weekend non-camping for 15 of 17 years I do know what you can and can't do with these tickets. And being able to pass them between friends so different people can use on different days is one thing you can do.

And for all those campers out there, looks like we're being treated to heavy rain thoughtout the weekend!! Can't wait mind you!

Nope.

Dry Thursday. Light rain Friday morning to lunchtime but warm rest of the day. Possibly some light rain early Saturday morning, dry and warm rest of the weekend.

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/strathallen_airfield

I'm the same, plenty acts in the lower end of the bill I'd like to see. I'm only going up on the Sunday so will miss a few I fancy.

Adding to your list-

Catfish and the Bottlemen, Everything Everything, The View, The Courteeners, The Vaccines, Circa Waves, Jamie T, The Prodigy, The Coronas, The Xcerts.

Definitely plenty I could listen to all weekend.

Hoping to see everyone bolded. Add in Hot Chip, The War on Drugs, The Libertines, The Strypes, Lil Louis, Paul Heaton, Jungle, Noel Gallagher and Tijuana Bibles and I will be happy if I see half of that.

Nope.

Dry Thursday. Light rain Friday morning to lunchtime but warm rest of the day. Possibly some light rain early Saturday morning, dry and warm rest of the weekend.

Hoping to see everyone bolded. Add in Hot Chip, The War on Drugs, The Libertines, The Strypes, Lil Louis, Paul Heaton, Jungle, Noel Gallagher and Tijuana Bibles and I will be happy if I see half of that.

Didn't even see they were playing, what day?

I'd agree. Let themselves down with headliners. That said still better line up than anywhere other than Glastonbury this year IMO.

Thing is, I can't think of many bands that I'd like to see headline who haven't headlined at least half a dozen times already. Kasabian are always good as headliners but they do it every year, same with The Prodigy and Noel Gallagher is hardly new.

Nope.

The war on drugs were immense at ABC last year.

Thing is, I can't think of many bands that I'd like to see headline who haven't headlined at least half a dozen times already. Kasabian are always good as headliners but they do it every year, same with The Prodigy and Noel Gallagher is hardly new.

They need to be a bit more risky with their headliners if they ever want the mad scramble for tickets of the mid to late 00s.

Never really understood why they've never tried to get somebody like Springsteen.

They need to be a bit more risky with their headliners if they ever want the mad scramble for tickets of the mid to late 00s.

Never really understood why they've never tried to get somebody like Springsteen.

In fact, oh Christ aye. The problem is that Indie/rock music that tends to make up 90% of festival music isn't as popular as 10-20 years ago. There's plenty of new exciting bands kicking about but not many big headline acts that haven't either been doing it since the mid-late 00s or old acts like Springstein or AC/DC. It would be good if there were newer bands that were popular enough and have enough of a back catalogue to headline like Kasabian were about 6-8 years ago. The closest to being like that is Mumford and Sons now.........

Didn't even see they were playing, what day?

Friday evening.

Noel has only played there once as himself, subbing to Stone Roses a couple of years ago. Previous to that was obviously Oasis - but last time was 2002. Prodigy not been there in I think 5 years,

I think they have pulled in some big names in recent years - Eminem, Rihanna, Jay Z, Coldplay, Foo Fighters. Not many/any of them my cup of tea but they are all big live names without a doubt.

I actually think this years Main Stage headliners - Kasabian, Noel, Libertines (ok, playing before Avicii) are all my sort of thing and a decent improvement on the mainly EDM pash of the last few years - Guetta (playing again), Calvin Harris, Steve Angello, Avicii unfortunately this year.

I think the days of them trying to get a Bowie are past though. And while Springsteen is undoubtedly superb live he would need a longer than normal headline set (last time that happened was Green Day) and he also wouldn't appeal to a lot of the T target audience.

I realised what the T target audience was the year Noel and Stone Roses played. As we were heading towards front for these two the kids were streaming away in their thousands from Jessie J with no interest in Noel or Stone Roses. Same with Calvin Harris getting 50,000 on a Friday night at the same time as Kraftwerk got about 3,000. Also the "who the f**k are the Libertines" backlash on social media this year after they were first announcement. As said, I am happy with this years line up, lot of stuff I would see but the main T audience possibly not as happy?

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

Nope.

As mentioned on another thread I would highly recommend catching Benjamin Booker if you can,

Friday evening.

Noel has only played there once as himself, subbing to Stone Roses a couple of years ago. Previous to that was obviously Oasis - but last time was 2002. Prodigy not been there in I think 5 years,

I think they have pulled in some big names in recent years - Eminem, Rihanna, Jay Z, Coldplay, Foo Fighters. Not many/any of them my cup of tea but they are all big live names without a doubt.

I actually think this years Main Stage headliners - Kasabian, Noel, Libertines (ok, playing before Avicii) are all my sort of thing and a decent improvement on the mainly EDM pash of the last few years - Guetta (playing again), Calvin Harris, Steve Angello, Avicii unfortunately this year.

I think the days of them trying to get a Bowie are past though. And while Springsteen is undoubtedly superb live he would need a longer than normal headline set (last time that happened was Green Day) and he also wouldn't appeal to a lot of the T target audience.

I realised what the T target audience was the year Noel and Stone Roses played. As we were heading towards front for these two the kids were streaming away in their thousands from Jessie J with no interest in Noel or Stone Roses. Same with Calvin Harris getting 50,000 on a Friday night at the same time as Kraftwerk got about 3,000. Also the "who the f**k are the Libertines" backlash on social media this year after they were first announcement. As said, I am happy with this years line up, lot of stuff I would see but the main T audience possibly not as happy?

Agree with that.

I go to tons of gigs and been to T more times than o care to remember but missed a few years recently due to the EDM pish taking over and a few lazy line ups (if I see Kaiser chiefs on a poster again I'll sort!)

This year id definitely have gone but I've unfortunately got a wedding this weekend.

O remember seeing Weller Headline NME on the Saturday then New Order on the Sunday (o think it was same weekend)

Just wouldn't get that now.

I saw Weller in 2014 on Sunday afternoon. Probably just that set but he was completely dire. I am not the biggest of fans but I went to watch with mates who are and who were even more scathing of his performance, described as a 45 min guitar solo and then 2 track.

New Order on NME was superb, practically whole crowd dancing, great set.

As mentioned on another thread I would highly recommend catching Benjamin Booker if you can,

A mate has mentioned him after watching his set at Glastonbury on the telly. Early Sunday afternoon so could well see him.

Agree with that.

I go to tons of gigs and been to T more times than o care to remember but missed a few years recently due to the EDM pish taking over and a few lazy line ups (if I see Kaiser chiefs on a poster again I'll sort!)

This year id definitely have gone but I've unfortunately got a wedding this weekend.

Snow Patrol my pet hate, seemed to have about 5 years in a row of headlining FFS. Thankfully both them and Kaisers are on downward slide.