London Tube Strike - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the language of the Victorian Mill owner.

They're hardly suffering conditions akin to Victorian mills.

They're on a bloody good package for what they do and every single year they find an excuse to be unhappy about something and launch their all to regular annual strike.

Last year it was because a driver tested over the limit for alcohol after his shift and was sacked. Good. I prefer my tube drivers to be sober as a general rule.

Every other time it's been about money. For years.

Enough is enough.

And yes, they ARE holding London to ransom. This is why they do it and they know full well they can bring the city to a standstill.

They are overpaid, greedy and lazy and they give those who rightly go on strike for genuine and understandable reasons a bad name.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

They're on a bloody good package for what they do and every single year they find an excuse to be unhappy about something and launch their all to regular annual strike.

Last year it was because a driver tested over the limit for alcohol after his shift and was sacked. Good. I prefer my tube drivers to be sober as a general rule.

Enough is enough.

And yes, they ARE holding London to ransom. This is why they do it and they know full well they can bring the city to a standstill.

They are overpaid, greedy and lazy and they give those who rightly go on strike for genuine and understandable reasons a bad name.

Pish

Enough is enough.

Get back to writing for the Daily Mail

Is it not the same folk complaining here as complained when the firefighters were going on strike. Funny how its always pay that they complain about even when it's not the main reason for the strike

Enough is enough.

And you claim tae be Scottish?

I don't know you but... you strike me - aye, right - as a right tube.

A toe up your 'me first' hole should encourage you to change nationality!

London...? Bet you earn fourpence!

Edited by Wibble

I'm all for workers standing up for the rights, I have been a member of my Union since I was a student, everyone should be rewarded according to their skills, position and effort but I am wary of some unions so called "concern" for workers. Over the last few years of working in management positions I have seen some Unions brainwash their members into punishing their employers purely for the benefit of the Union officials themselves. Working in health and safety, I am also saddened to see that non existent safety concerns are often used as a tool to attack companies.

dont understand why this cant be automated, and the observation of the platforms not completed from a central point - likely be the next step when all the tube trains are automated

Is that not what already happens on the Jubilee line?

Not surprising given the majority party of the board :wink2:

No' in ma world, big yin.

Anti-trade union fuqq-faced tits have nae idea how they earn their ain living!

Bring it on - I'll buy and sell ye!

(Flure said I had tae say that!!!) :sing: