Watford Place For Anya? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Watford Place For Anya?

alaninalba

Since June 1st, Watford have signed NINE players. Obviously their squad needed additions to stay in the Premier League but will that be at the expense of Anya? I know that Gord plays Championship players and is loyal but it's better to get game time. Comments?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year Watford sign loads of players. They basically get the cast offs of udinese and the Spanish team that are owned under the same people.

They usually get who isn't good enough or maybe a younger player who hasn't quite made it. They also get the free transfers udinese would sign but aren't quite sure about.

They don't often spend much

I think he could be an important guy for Watford, for very much the same reasons he is for us.

They're almost certainly going to be on the back foot in most games, and Anya is the perfect outlet and threat on the counter. Pace works, even in the premier league, so he'll be able to carry the ball for them. Given his end product isn't as good as it might be, but his goal against Germany shows the threat he can pose regardless of the perceived quality of the opposition.

• 2 weeks later...

Anya isn't good enough for the Premier League in my opinion. Great guy and workrate but not the most talented of players. He'll be a squad player at best for Watford this season.

:wtf:

Scores against world champs in there own back yard and has been one of the most consistent players for strachan.

I think he is EPL class and hope he proves all his doubters wrong, the winger from castle milk.

Go anya :ok: