Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mazziessc

Malta

142 posts in this topic

Yes I think Easter Rd was 8 days before Dublin

Aye just looked out of interest and it was.

Logistically (even just for the SFA and the team, never mind the fans) it would be better for them to go direct from Scotland to Malta (after a home friendly) than to bring the team to Scotland for a couple of days training, then fly them off to (ie) Switzerland for a game there, then back on to a flight to head to Malta.

If we are playing pre-Malta, then I think chances are high its at home (also home game triggers the SFA Sky Tv deal, so they can make a bit of cash on the game)

Think all depends on Strachans plans for March (now its a double header date) and May (pre-euros)..... anything less than 3 games over those available dates, I think we will play pre-Malta.

Unfortunately the SFA will probably give no indication for a long time yet..... I suspect though, two games in March and chances are low for a pre-Malta game, one game in March and chances will be much higher.

Ideally I would hope any game will be a home friendly a good number of days before the Malta game (Qatar was almost a full week before Dublin wasn't it?)

That was at the end of the season though. If there is any friendly before the match in Malta, it will be on the Wednesday.

I can't see there being a friendly before Malta, I doubt Strachan would want the distraction.

Easyjet now have flights out for Summer 2016 ( up to the 4th of September , so you can get there but not get back yet ! ) .

Booked from Newcastle on Saturday 3rd September for £70 this morning .

ok guys easyjet flights now on sale up to 4th sept:

flights man-mla thur 1st easyjet £68 one way,

mla to edin mon5th or tue6th via brussels airmalta(good times) £104

flights from newcastle quite expensive they started @£48 now up to £79 sgl.

flights available daily fae manchester. easyjet rtn flights dont come on sale until early Dec however because of the uk tax levy flights coming back to uk will be more expensive therefore the rtn via brussels seems a good deal

Edited by washboarder

Just booked. Flyin from Aberdeen via Paris on 1st Sept then back on the 8th via Rome then Paris to Aberdeen. Stayin in Sunny Coast Resort in Qwara which looks like its got a pretty good bus link to near the stadium. All booked on holidaysupermarket.com for £460 a head including airport transfers. Prices are sure startin to rocket in the last week.

just booked Bournemouth to Malta out on the 28th Aug back on the 8th Sep £103 Ryanair . here's another wee route for you flybe Glasgow to Bournemouth stay in Bournemouth a night then Ryan air out the next morning to Malta gies a wee shout if interested

just booked Bournemouth to Malta out on the 28th Aug back on the 8th Sep £103 Ryanair . here's another wee route for you flybe Glasgow to Bournemouth stay in Bournemouth a night then Ryan air out the next morning to Malta gies a wee shout if interested

Does this include free bed & breakfast....for 3 ? :D:D:D

Does this include free bed & breakfast....for 3 ? :D:D:D

only if you bring a block of square slice with you lol

Aye just looked out of interest and it was.

Logistically (even just for the SFA and the team, never mind the fans) it would be better for them to go direct from Scotland to Malta (after a home friendly) than to bring the team to Scotland for a couple of days training, then fly them off to (ie) Switzerland for a game there, then back on to a flight to head to Malta.

If we are playing pre-Malta, then I think chances are high its at home (also home game triggers the SFA Sky Tv deal, so they can make a bit of cash on the game)

The September fixtures are during the season so we won't play a week before Malta as the clubs will be playing. IF we play it will almost certainly be the Wednesday or Thursday night with the game in Malta on the Sunday.

The September fixtures are during the season so we won't play a week before Malta as the clubs will be playing. IF we play it will almost certainly be the Wednesday or Thursday night with the game in Malta on the Sunday.

If there is a game before then it'll be a home game on the Wednesday night to cut down on the travel and give the maximum time between games.

Personally I don't agree with having a friendly before a qualifier in a double header as the risks outweigh the benefits. Far better to spend the time working on set pieces IMHO.

cancel that wee route flybe are pulling out of Bournemouth from next March canny believe that as they only came to Bournemouth of May this year apparently moving all there flights back to Southampton

just booked fae Manchester on Friday night 21.50 flying back Monday morning at 6.00 wi Air Malta - £126.00

sh!te flight times but means I don't have to take time off work.

booked 2 nights at empire studios in st julian

On 9/15/2015 at 7:53 AM, Scoony said:

Anyone else staying in st julians? Think were in the cavalieri hotel

booked the Cavalieri too mate