Happy 7Th Macfaddyversary! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy 7Th Macfaddyversary!

Bzzzz

The day before I travelled to Paris my wife sidled up to me as I was packing my bag and digging out my kilt that she was expecting our bairn. Well, I could have flown to Paris myself rather than via Ryanair!

Will never forget that march from the Eiffel Tower to the stadium. If I am ever having a shite day at work, just thinking about that march brings a smile (and a tear) to my face. An utterly awesome experience.

And as for Faddy's howitzer? Well, I don't think I have celebrated a goal like it in my life. It laid the ghosts of Amsterdam 2003 to rest. And then after the game - we ended up back in a boozer not far from Gard du Nord station. We all sat in utter silence at what we had just witnessed - were we in some sort of dream. Then the silence was broken with racous song and laughter with shouts of ' How the f u c k did we do that!'

The rest of the night was a bit blurry!

Remind me how many Scots fans were at the game - about 20k? I got the impression that there was a late surge of interest in the game, due to our continued picking up points in the group.

Was a fantastic occasion - for some reason I didn't make my 7:15am Eurostar train the next morning..... :beer2:

Not just the game but that three days in paris will stay with me a long time hopefully in the future there will be something to relegate to 2nd place in my greatest ever games.