Dundee Utd V Whoever Match Thread - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd V Whoever Match Thread

Deserved for Aberdeen in the end. United poor in the second half. I thought McGowan, Donaldson, Durnan, Zwick, Spittal and Erskine did well, the rest were fairly pish. Bodul totally anonymous, Murray looks like a Third Division player - did Sneijder touch the ball?

Gonna be a long season, but I don't think we'll get relegated.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest faircity

Bit fortunate with the goal, but i thought that second half performance was very good from Aberdeen there.

Ive no idea what the possession stats were but it seems that United barely got on the ball at all.

Hearing the commentators lavish praise on a player who was nicknamed "Bambi" at my junior club, due to the amount of times he'd beat a player then trip over the ball is utterly surreal :lol:

Cracking player though :ok:

Which player?

Steady. I was thinking exactly the opposite. If it wasn't for the lucky goal Aberdeen didn't really look like scoring either.

Deserved the win, but don't get carried away.

If we wanted to score more,we would've.

You're just lucky we couldn't be arsed.

Will Flood played for 90 minutes.

Nuff said. ?⚪️

Easy, easy stuff today from aberdeen's second team.

Dominated the game from start to finish. All we needed was a break in front of goal.....which we eventually got.

United were awful. 8th place at best on this form.

Hopefully Aberdeen can mount a challenge. No other side are capable.

They have good Scottish players in their team and a decent manager.

I think you will find Killie will be title contenders.

just back from tannadice, great atmosphere created by dons fans today - united fans were rotten...really are a shitty home support...

Questions for dons fans..when the feck did willo flood think he became a Pirlo.. neither team was able to cross a ball, simplest of tasks...but flood delivery was worse than dominos... can see the set piece routines being worked on just for flood to hoof it anywhere but where the players went....

best team one, 1-0 was about the difference today...

Dominated the game from start to finish. All we needed was a break in front of goal.....which we eventually got.

Dominated from start to finish apart from the first half where United should've been in front. 11 shots to 13 tells you how dominant Aberdeen were.

Happy to accept Aberdeen were the better team and deserved the win, but some people really get carried away with things. Aberdeen weren't great, United weren't awful. 8th is very possible though.

Goodwillie has improved.

Dominated from start to finish apart from the first half where United should've been in front. 11 shots to 13 tells you how dominant Aberdeen were.

Happy to accept Aberdeen were the better team and deserved the win, but some people really get carried away with things. Aberdeen weren't great, United weren't awful. 8th is very possible though.

Goodwillie has improved.

What he said. Rossy's got his massively red-tinted goggles on again.

I was sitting in small section surrounded by Aberdeen fans and the noise was quite impressive. Amazing away support.

Happy with that result.

We seem to learned something from 12 months ago.

Not bad to have no Reynolds, Pawlett, McGinn, Jack or Goodwillie in the starting 11 and deserve to win the match.

Might have been interesting had Utd taken that chance on half time but Aberdeen pretty much controlled the second half without creating too many clear opportunities. Good to see McLean deliver what we had hoped he would.

Not one for making snap judgments after 1 game but would say that Utd look a little lightweight compared to last season - would imagine they'll look to address that before the window shuts.

Did think it was strange to see Utd wearing the trackers in a competitive game.

There's a photo now going around on Twitter of an Aberdeen supporters car that was parked up at tannadice today with a scarf in the back. Had "SHEEP" sprayed on the side and what looks like a knob on the roof.

Embarrassing for the club and completely unacceptable. Hopefully the guy responsible gets what's coming to him