Sfa Away Ticket % Breakdown - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Away Ticket % Breakdown

Newryrep

Clubs 22%

Players Officials 6

sponsors 4%

i guess the club ones, are the ones that scotland fans were buying for the recent games

sounds screwed up - clubs should only get is there is a lack of demand from individuals - you see this as well on supporters bus's for domestic league games - guys getting tickets from the supporters clubs allocation even though they dont go to games regular

Bloody hell Aaid TD's wrote the manual on cute hoorism and parish pump politics

Our Dear Leader ( who stifles debate/protests) in a similar vein to another Dear Leader though in a milder form doesn't do interviews with serious journalists and certainly not ones who ask ackward questions though he does do 'celeb' interviews with celeb journalists through craving privacy with his new blond girlfriend

The North Korean communist party goes to the FAI AGM for tips

Bloody hell Aaid TD's wrote the manual on cute hoorism and parish pump politics

Our Dear Leader ( who stifles debate/protests) in a similar vein to another Dear Leader though in a milder form doesn't do interviews with serious journalists and certainly not ones who ask ackward questions though he does do 'celeb' interviews with celeb journalists through craving privacy with his new blond girlfriend

The North Korean communist party goes to the FAI AGM for tips

I wasn't thinking of getting someone to interview Delaney directly more a tame journo with an axe to grind who could get it in the public domain.

Mind you, I lived in Dublin for a year during the tail end of Haughey so I understand a bit about the *ahem* nature of Irish Politics.

For some strange reason, you can't move in the Tartan Army at the moment for MSPs, MPs, special advisers or political assistants.

What I don't understand with the FAI is they could make a fortune creating an Irish equivalent of the SSC.

25k members paying say 50 every two years. Gives members exclusive or first access to away tickets. It could bring in approximately 1.25 million every two years. Why wouldn't they do it?

Edited by tartanpar

What I don't understand with the FAI is they could make a fortune creating an Irish equivalent of the SSC.

25k members paying say 50 every two years. Gives members exclusive or first access to away tickets. It could bring in approximately 1.25 million every two years. Why wouldn't they do it?

I'm not sure there are enough Irish folk daft enough to pay that sort of money.

I'm not sure there are enough Irish folk daft enough to pay that sort of money.

Perhaps but there is 35k Scottish people prepared to pay more than that. I would think if it was the only way they could get away tickets at least that number would join.

Perhaps but there is 35k Scottish people prepared to pay more than that. I would think if it was the only way they could get away tickets at least that number would join.

Only because it started small and crept up. When I joined it was £20 every 2 years and we got at least 2 tickets for every match. The prices have gone up a lot while the perks and service has decreased.

I, and I'm sure many others, only pay it out of habit and because it's the norm. If the club had started out as it is today, they would not have as many people join. In fact, the more you think about it, the more you see how we are taken for mugs.

Not a chance lads that we would pay £50 over 2 years

I looked at the cost and the benefits of the SSC and thought it was. Really over priced

Don't need a t shirt key ring city guide etc just cut it back to the basic administer a database and send me a ticket if I am entitled to it

I had proposed a 5 euro levy on each ticket to pay for admin therefore in theory if you went to all five games you paid 25 euro

There must be at least one game where the sfa published a breakdown ?

There must be at least one game where the sfa published a breakdown ?

There is no need for them to publish a breakdown as there is no division of allocation between SSC members, supporters clubs, clubs, sponsors etc etc. All tickets,in theory, go to the SSC membership 100%. I do know of people getting comps in the Scotland away end, via the SFA, due to contacts but I would imagine this doesn't happen on a large scale and the vast majority of the allocation we do get goes to SSC members. As someone said above, there is probably a players/staff allocation but would imagine the majority of the time this is independent of the SSC sold allocation and probably main/centre stand.

Only because it started small and crept up. When I joined it was £20 every 2 years and we got at least 2 tickets for every match. The prices have gone up a lot while the perks and service has decreased.

I, and I'm sure many others, only pay it out of habit and because it's the norm. If the club had started out as it is today, they would not have as many people join. In fact, the more you think about it, the more you see how we are taken for mugs.

I do agree that prices have risen quite a bit from the £20 you mention as the fee a few years ago and we are getting to the levels of being shafted in terms of their fees. However this version of the club effectively started in 2014 and still has 35,000(?) members so I wouldn't quite agree with the not as many people would join comment.

What I can't get my head round is people who join but never go to away games, which is about half the membership. If I only ever attended home games I wouldn't be a member, because I go to away games its a bit of a no brainer for me.

As has been said countless times on here, there does need to be a two tier membership in terms of those who only go to home games and those who go to both.

I do agree that prices have risen quite a bit from the £20 you mention as the fee a few years ago and we are getting to the levels of being shafted in terms of their fees. However this version of the club effectively started in 2014 and still has 35,000(?) members so I wouldn't quite agree with the not as many people would join comment.

What I can't get my head round is people who join but never go to away games, which is about half the membership. If I only ever attended home games I wouldn't be a member, because I go to away games its a bit of a no brainer for me.

As has been said countless times on here, there does need to be a two tier membership in terms of those who only go to home games and those who go to both.

Aye, but most of that 35,000 were members of the 'old' and couldn't tell you the difference between the two or indeed be aware there was even a change.

Agree about the non-travelling members but I guess most folk join so they get the home tickets without any hassle.

A guy at work and his mates are on the SFA ticketing database and get offered home game tickets before they go on general sale.

They are not members of the SSC so do not have to pay the £50 subscription. They do not get the chance for away tickets, nor do they get a key ring, beanie hat or any of the other tat that comes with membership.

They also got the opportunity to buy the three match package when it came out and were given the option to buy the extra tickets for the Germany and Poland games.

If you are not going to away games, Joining the SSC is a complete waste of money. You gan guarantee tickets by other means.

If you do travel to away games, it's just a necessary rip off.

nor do they get a key ring, beanie hat or any of the other tat that comes with membership.

It is indeed tat. Due to the little kid in me, I get a little bit excited when the fancy membership pack comes through the post, but the novelty lasts around 5 seconds post-opening. Sorry if I am offending anyone, but I wouldn't wear the latest t-shirt in bed, let alone out in public. I appreciate that it is worn by many as a stock away trip top.

The only decent gift that recall in recent years is the kilt pin. I still use mine on occasion. It's actually almost unique now (within my group anyway), as most have since been unknowingly sent to the oblivion of a bar floor, during our travels.

I wonder how much they could save (and pass on the saving!) by just sending the membership card in the post?

@dalgaty Bay I am aware of the home FA being obliged to provide a certain number of premium tickets but I assumed these came out of the % allocation ? Can anybody from the ATAC confirm that ? or send pm me an email address of a friendly source

Even at that the Glasgow game players/officails/sponsors/official travel partner only amounted to 25% not a figure excessively high so in theory the remaining 75% goes to 'ordinary' fans except that's not the case

A guy at work and his mates are on the SFA ticketing database and get offered home game tickets before they go on general sale.

They are not members of the SSC so do not have to pay the £50 subscription. They do not get the chance for away tickets, nor do they get a key ring, beanie hat or any of the other tat that comes with membership.

They also got the opportunity to buy the three match package when it came out and were given the option to buy the extra tickets for the Germany and Poland games.

If you are not going to away games, Joining the SSC is a complete waste of money. You gan guarantee tickets by other means.

If you do travel to away games, it's just a necessary rip off.

I think every single one of us has a hope that we will qualify for 1 of the tournament finals, if we were not a member we wouldnt have a chance of a ticket

Away ticket allocation is covered in the tournament regulations, for Euro 2016 below, premium tickets are in addition to the standard allocation.

38.01 In the qualifying competition, an adequate number of complimentary and purchase tickets, to be fixed by mutual agreement, must be set aside for the visiting association.

38.02 Host associations must make at least 5% of the total capacity of their stadium available exclusively to visiting supporters, in a segregated, safe area. In addition, visiting associations are entitled to purchase up to 200 top-category tickets (unless otherwise agreed between the two associations in question) for their VIP supporters, sponsors, etc. (see Articles 16 and 23 of the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations and Article 19 of the UEFA Safety and Security Regulations).

Sounds pretty much as if the SFA push out all the 5% (subject to demand) to the SSC and use the top-category tickets for sponsors, players, etc. whereas the FAI are also eating into the 5% for sponsors, people's mates, etc.