Sfa Away Ticket % Breakdown - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sfa Away Ticket % Breakdown

Newryrep

Folks can you advise us or point us in the right direction what the sfa % breakdown or actual figures on away ticket allocation I

I am talking

Football clubs/affiliates

SSC essentilly supporters clubs

Sponsors

Players/official

Official travel partner

Etc

The fai doing their usual smoke and mirrors would be interested in the comparison

Never seen any official breakdown on this however given that tickets being allocated out with the SSC has never really been raised as an issue, nor do you ever really hear of "comps" being in the SSC sections I doubt it's a huge problem.

I think what the SFA do is to negotiate an "SSC" allocation and in fairness, they are generally successful in getting an increased allocation where there is demand and the host association are amenable to that.

I understand that the competition regulations specify an amount of "comps" for the visiting association and I think the Blazers, players, sponsors, etc., get taken care of out of that.

I think - I could be wrong - that the only time that a travel partner got access to away tickets was the friendly at Wembley a couple of years ago but as we got an allocation of 20k, it wasn't an issue. The SFA have tried to do a couple of official travel tie-ins but they've died a death, primarily because of the cost but also because they haven't been able to offer "plus match ticket" packages.

Can't recall any travel partner being allocated away tickets. Even wembley you had to be a member of the SSC, to get an official scotland end ticket.

Any packages that offerred a match ticket, would not be in the scotland end I imagine. There would be uproar if people jumped the away points queue.

To my knowledge all tickets ( except for players allocation) are distributed through the points system, last 10 away games, with priority given to members on 10 points, then 9, 8, etc until there are no tickets left.

System is not perfect but seems to be doing the job in my opinion. All TA had to start on 0 points so is a fair system.

To get on the ladder you may have to go to less glamorous away games.

@aaid after the Glasgow fuk up they published % breakdown which generally was accepted as reasonable at 53% of the tickets going to Supporters clubs/Season ticket holders/club Ireland(corporate tickets)/Known away fans (nothwithstanding the internal 53% fuk up where it pretty much all went to Supporters clubs)

Now this figure has mysteriously dropped to 30% by shifting club Ireland into another allocation which the FAI must think we are thick so am curious what % of away tickets goes to ordinary fans

We have an official travel partner and are contractually obliged to offer 15% of tickets which is fine and everybody knows about it

Edited by Newryrep

@robroysboy, I know your system, I based an Ireland scheme( not implemented) on it. Its a bit of animal farm re Ireland fans some are more equal than others

Was chatting to a few ireland fans about the distribution of your away tickets, I can offer sympathy.

It makes our system look exceptionally good in comparison.

Its a shame you did not adopt our system, what was their explanation (if any) for not adopting.

they have published their own scheme which on the face of it could work ................only thing is it will only apply to 16.6% of fans on their current figures ie independent fans it does not apply to supporters clubs) ie 30% of tickets currently go to independent fans/supporters clubs but their scheme will only apply to 16.6% of these tickets ( the independents) or 5% of overall tickets - you couldn't make it up.

The ratio of supporters club supporter to independent is currently 1100/200 though plenty doubt these figures and it is under review

Can't recall any travel partner being allocated away tickets. Even wembley you had to be a member of the SSC, to get an official scotland end ticket.

Any packages that offerred a match ticket, would not be in the scotland end I imagine. There would be uproar if people jumped the away points queue.

To my knowledge all tickets ( except for players allocation) are distributed through the points system, last 10 away games, with priority given to members on 10 points, then 9, 8, etc until there are no tickets left.

System is not perfect but seems to be doing the job in my opinion. All TA had to start on 0 points so is a fair system.

To get on the ladder you may have to go to less glamorous away games.

I remember going to Wembley for Euro 96 with Scotball. Three of us had been members of the travel club for a while but one had only been a member for a short while. Surprise surprise we all got official tickets from the SFA at the time.

As I understand it and someone will correct me.

The SFA's for sale tickets (the away allocation) go 100% to the supporters club to be allocated by the points system.

Players, officials, sponsors etc come out the comps given to the SFA by the home association, these are the posh seats.

I remember going to Wembley for Euro 96 with Scotball. Three of us had been members of the travel club for a while but one had only been a member for a short while. Surprise surprise we all got official tickets from the SFA at the time.

We didn't take up our full allocation for Euro 96 so it's no surprise at all that you got tickets from the STC having just joined.

As I understand it and someone will correct me.

The SFA's for sale tickets (the away allocation) go 100% to the supporters club to be allocated by the points system.

Players, officials, sponsors etc come out the comps given to the SFA by the home association, these are the posh seats.

thats my understanding aswell :ok:

@aaid after the Glasgow fuk up they published % breakdown which generally was accepted as reasonable at 53% of the tickets going to Supporters clubs/Season ticket holders/club Ireland(corporate tickets)/Known away fans (nothwithstanding the internal 53% fuk up where it pretty much all went to Supporters clubs)

Now this figure has mysteriously dropped to 30% by shifting club Ireland into another allocation which the FAI must think we are thick so am curious what % of away tickets goes to ordinary fans

We have an official travel partner and are contractually obliged to offer 15% of tickets which is fine and everybody knows about it

So if 53% go to fans through various channels, 15% go to the travel partner, where do the other 32% go?