Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running - Page 7 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running

phart

It's amazing how many asthmatics turn in to world class endurance athletes!

Similarly, about 10% of all players in Major League Baseball have been diagnosed with ADHD - so many that MLB and the players union have a psychiatric panel to cross-check all diagnoses -  allowing them to take Adderall.

6 hours ago, Sherps said:

It's amazing how many asthmatics turn in to world class endurance athletes!

Similarly, about 10% of all players in Major League Baseball have been diagnosed with ADHD - so many that MLB and the players union have a psychiatric panel to cross-check all diagnoses -  allowing them to take Adderall.

Indeed or you're so ill you need this but can still win a three week tour? In the old days you'd take the medicine and sit out cause you were not well.

Seems most competitive gamers take Adderall as well. Someone let it out the bag a year or so ago.

14 minutes ago, phart said:

Indeed or you're so ill you need this but can still win a three week tour? In the old days you'd take the medicine and sit out cause you were not well.

Seems most competitive gamers take Adderall as well. Someone let it out the bag a year or so ago.

Do you really think it was better in the old days? Less sophisticated maybe but I've read a few histories of the tour where it seems that back in the day everyone was on booze and amphetamines (all legal at the time) to overcome the pain and exhaustion.  Having said that, I doubt any of them has asthma!

1 minute ago, Denny's Yard said:

Do you really think it was better in the old days? Less sophisticated maybe but I've read a few histories of the tour where it seems that back in the day everyone was on booze and amphetamines (all legal at the time) to overcome the pain and exhaustion.  Having said that, I doubt any of them has asthma!

Aye probably getting a bit romantic with my views there. lol

Maybe less opportunities to use illnesses for gaIn. I'm sure if the opportunity was there folk would take it. As you say everyone was "charging" back in the day.

These drugs sound brilliant. I think we should move on from moralizing the shit out each other about how bad they are to getting some links posted on where to get some good quality gear. 

I am sure the reason I am not muscle bound is a hormone problem and not a sitting on my arse posting on here problem so what drug would sort this serious possibly genetic medical issue out?

Edited by thplinth

2 hours ago, phart said:

See you shouldn't have alienated scunnered he could have advised you well.

alcohol and speed is the ones we're talking about in the good old days. pot belge as well https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_Belge

Jeez... 'cocaine, heroin, caffeine, amphetamines' - makes some recycled blood and a bit of EPO sound almost civilized!

11 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Bit of coverage about Wiggens on BBC website today so maybe story isn't going away.

SKY chucking Wiggins under the bus, the team have most responsibility. They're the ones that created the narrative Wiggins followed.

Unless it's a proper dick like Armstrong, the riders are exploited somewhat by teams. the system carries on as usual, while the cyclists pay the price.

1 hour ago, phart said:

SKY chucking Wiggins under the bus, the team have most responsibility. They're the ones that created the narrative Wiggins followed.

Unless it's a proper dick like Armstrong, the riders are exploited somewhat by teams. the system carries on as usual, while the cyclists pay the price.

So is the question here...is Wiggins a proper dick?

If so the answer is yes. So much so they need to put he bus in reverse a few times to make sure.

I wonder how many of the UK paralympics team were also on TUE's while the russian equivalent athletes were banned for a lot less and for let's be honest political reasons. It is sick shit using these folk as pawns in this game. God bless these Ruski hackers. Asymmetrical warfare indeed... ;)

Watched his interview with Andrew Marr. He didn't sound too convincing to me and that was without being asked many awkward questions. 

Sounds to me that these TUEs are just a slightly more sophisticated way of cheating than the Russians were using. Team GB uses bits of paper and dodgy doctors, whilst the Russians used holes in the wall and clean pish donors.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.
www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-and-team-sky-under-fresh-scrutiny-over-medical-package-delivery/

TUE abuse aside, when Team Sky's version of historical events (who was where, when, and why were they there) can be shown to be, at best erroneous, it's no surprise that many people start to doubt almost everything they've said.

I don't doubt they've done anything worse than a lot of other teams with regards to TUE's, but they're they only ones holding themselves up as some kind of paragon of virtue.

Edited by Sherps
link fix

On 07/10/2016 at 8:55 PM, Sherps said:

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.
www.cyclingnews.com/news/wiggins-and-team-sky-under-fresh-scrutiny-over-medical-package-delivery/

TUE abuse aside, when Team Sky's version of historical events (who was where, when, and why were they there) can be shown to be, at best erroneous, it's no surprise that many people start to doubt almost everything they've said.

I don't doubt they've done anything worse than a lot of other teams with regards to TUE's, but they're they only ones holding themselves up as some kind of paragon of virtue.

Hadn't seen it mate, cheers for posting.

SKY have some many "lies/inconsistencies" especially regarding TUE's and not employing doping doctors. Then going and hiring the guy who ran Rabobanks programe, and saying it is for saddle sores only. Relying on the ignorance of the spectators. Who remain ignorant cause of folk like David Walsh shilling etc.

EDIT: I see Brailsford said the bus had left, but there is footage of Wiggins in front of the bus, also said that it was someone else but they've contradicted him. Getting hard to juggle the lies.

Edited by phart

• 3 months later...
On 25/01/2017 at 8:24 PM, Toepoke said:

Bolt's now only got a double treble and a double...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/38744846

He's the only guy to go under 9,81 and be "clean", folk will cite Mo Greene but there's a long complicated story involving him that makes me not count him though.

in other news Nicole Cooke decided to drop the mic on doping. Sky/British Cycling , oooooooops

http://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/0a112cdf-836f-411d-b47e-fc2904f81c2d

Some titbits, i mean holy shit, so Shane Sutton hates women events and marginlised Nicole Cooke, she gets a chance to talk and does, Lance refuses to let Landis on his team, so Landis says feck it and looks for someone to tell all with.

For London 2012 the 2011 Trial Event was for men only, despite the current gold medallist in the road race and silver medallist in the time trial being female, we were again ignored. Staff at BC will point out that this was not their decision, but that of the London Games organisers. The manager of the Cycling events at London 2012 was an ex BC employee and worked in complete co-operation with the staff at BC. If they had wanted to put on a trial event for women they could have done so. That manager is ex professional cyclist Simon Lillistone who has his own “long journey with a bag, the contents of which and purpose of the journey were a complete mystery to him”. In his case he was transporting a “bag” for Lance Armstrong. A decade later it was confirmed the bag contained PEDs, but at the time the story of the “bag for Lance” came out, Simon Lillistone found he could not support the claims of his partner Emma O’Reilly, who stated that they were PEDs for Armstrong’s doping program to win the Tour de France.

Another part

Pertinent to the “jiffy bag” incident is that two of the protagonists are directly involved in the Linda McCartney cycling team. Both Simon Cope and Bradley Wiggins rode for this team. Team Manager Julian Clark and rider Matt DeCanio state that doping was practised within the team. Other BC employees and ex employees involved in the team are current U23 men’s road team manager Keith Lambert, ex team doctor Roger Palfreeman, who was doctor on the team, Max Sciandri and ex Team Sky manager Sean Yates who rode for a number of years on the same team as Lance Armstrong. Apparently UKAD have testimony from three members of the team stating that riders used PEDs. The investigation was started in 2012 when the claims were first made by The Times newspaper. UKAD did advise at the outset patience would be needed before outcomes would be reached. “All valid information that could lead to a prosecution will be followed up.” As recently as June 2016 three of the British members of this team, Sean Yates, Max Sciandri and Matt Stephens, who is a commentator on the sport for Eurosport, all stated that UKAD had made no contact with them. Four years on – how patient do we have to be, or are UKAD doing nothing?

I am not an expert on the legal framework under which UKAD management operate. I can only state from my viewpoint they appear very keen to grasp any excuse not to do anything a clean athlete might view as of merit.

In 2006, 12 of the 13 positive test results at the men’s Tour de France were discounted by riders having active TUEs. 105 of the 176 starters were tested, and 60% had TUEs. In 2008, 76 of the 180 riders who started the men’s Tour de France had TUEs

Edited by phart

The manager at London 2012 cycling events was Simon Lillistone who was a drug mule for Lance Armstrong, and when his Wife Emma O'riley blew the whistle he didn't back her up and continued the coverup for another decade while she was spun as some sort of thirsty-girl wanting to get with all the cyclists, a fantasist and a liar.

He used to work for British Cycling as well, weird how it's the same people each time. Leinders comes in for "saddle sores" and his pal signs Wiggins TUE's, above you can see the link from U23's and everything. A former drug mule is the head of Cycling events at the London Olympics.

EDIT: sorry it was his own wife, not colleague, jesus christ, what a poor set of morals.

When her ex-husband Simon Lillistone was asked to testify in support of one of the stories O'Reilly told Walsh, about ferrying drugs for Armstrong, he refused. He was now part of British Cycling - his boss was Brian Cookson - and neither he nor they wanted the bad PR confirming the story would bring.

Who is head of cycling now hmmm...

Edited by phart

Also
from the mail so not linking but you can trust me.

"British Cycling is bracing itself for a deepening of the current crisis with the publication of an independent UK Sport report that insiders say is 'damning'.

The under-fire national governing body has responded by turning to Paddy Harverson, a crisis PR expert who previously worked as communications secretary for The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, having been the director of communications at Manchester United prior to that."

On 31/01/2017 at 11:34 AM, biffer said:

Donkey gobbler lied to parliament about when he knew about the allegations of doping in Russia

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/38809210

There's a surprise. Hope he gets it

EDIT: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/jan/31/sebastian-coe-new-questions-aware-corruption-claims-iaaf-russian-doping-scandal

his pal sacked as well

Edited by phart