Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running - Page 5 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leaked Blood Tests Reveal Massive Doping Suspicions In Distance Running

phart

Highly unlikely it's a stitch up it's a much more subtle game than that. The BBC uncritically says she has been taking it since 2006, when the clinical trials started in 2008.

The blog i quote above refutes heads concern pretty completely.

55 athletes have popped for the same thing in the last couple of weeks. You're thinking too broadly and Murray (if clean has ever right to say what he does). Why all these top athletes needing heart drugs???

This is available in Russia and satellites so banning this obviously commonly used enhancer on false therapeutic purposes hits them hardest. It's not going unnoticed by the anti-doping folk I know that Russia is getting pushed hard. Everyone dopes and the governing bodies hide it, all it needs is suddenly for the process to start working and you can catch who you want. 

Another possibility is re-infusing old blood in AUS open, as blood doping, had the drug in it, that's the most likely scenario that got Contador caught with his Clen positive.

This hasn't came out the blue, it seems to me a lot of folk are just used to taking what they want without consequences then the game changed on them with all this scandal.

http://www.cleancompetition.org/Blog/Post/7/WADA-ADDS-PERFORMANCE-ENHANCING-DRUG-TO-BANNED-LIST-AFTER-PCC-FUNDED-STUDY

20 hours ago, thplinth said:

I am seriously starting to think she has been stitched up. Never ever liked Sharapova but after seeing her press conference I have found some begrudging respect. Andy Murray's intervention is looking like the act of whank. No idea why he felt the need to intervene here.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/35785322

He was asked, had to give a reaction. Either be criticised for not condemning her or with what you've said above. No win situation. If he refused to answer the question it'd be taken as defending her.

Even Paul Kimmage is praising Murray, that's the litmus test as he is even more jaded then me.

Also Sharapova on Facebook  "at least i'm not gonna hide my positive behind an injury"

another reference to silent bans Nadal going to sue the former french minister as well.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/tennis/rafa-nadal-i-will-sue-former-french-sporting-minister-for-doping-allegations-34537515.html

Also Paula's blood expert has been shown to be the lusanne head of lab, the guy who USADA said helped lance beat the test, and is implicated in destroying 67 samples by the most recent WADA report. Dr. Martial Saugy., also the guy mentioned in an email to disgraced Diack.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A Madrid court is due to decide today whether the blood bags from the Operation Puerto case are to be destroyed or not. 

I expect destruction and a cover up. :( 

2 minutes ago, jailender said:

The blood bags have to be handed over. This could get interesting !

I'm delighted and astonished. 

Hopefully we get full disclosure of all names who worked with Fuentes. 

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Is this operation related to cyclists only?

I am waiting for the day that Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic are exposed as drug cheats:lol:

nah, the cyclist who blew the whistle, saw footballers it's loads of sports.

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I am waiting for the day that Serena Williams and Novak Djokovic are exposed as drug cheats:lol:

No. All the cyclists involved have already been named. 

Hopefully we get the list of Fuentes' clients released to go with the blood bags. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, phart said:

https://www.rt.com/sport/359215-wada-substances-williams-biles/

Seems a bit off that they politically banned all the russian athletes from the paralympics (at what knows psychological cost to those athletes who had made it a big target in their lives). And then the chicks with dicks get to pump themselves full of what they want for 'therapeutic purposes'. You might as well replace the word America (Britain no better) with Hypocrisy as they are now almost globally synonymous. I hope they leak these kunts out to oblivion.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Seems a bit off that they politically banned all the russian athletes from the paralympics (at what knows psychological cost to those athletes who had made it a big target in their lives). And then the chicks with dicks get to pump themselves full of what they want for 'therapeutic purposes'. You might as well replace the word America (Britain no better) with Hypocrisy as they are now almost globally synonymous. I hope they leak these kunts out to oblivion.

The whole lance fiasco would have been over before it even started if it hadn't been covered up by issuing him a retroactive TUE for cortisoid as he tested positive for it.

Released Bradley Wiggins TUE,  corticosteroids   and 3 different asthma medicines.

Nice one Brad lol,

Here's a description from runners world about asthma medicine and kenalog ( corticosteroid)

"

After four courses of prednisone and a shot of Kenalog, I fell in love with the effects of itch medicine. Beyond the relief of no longer wanting to flay myself, the corticosteroids gave me spring, bounce and boundless stamina, even though this type of steroid is supposed to be only inflammation-reducing, not performance-enhancing. I felt I could run forever, faster than I ever had. It was great.

Two weeks later I had to lead a pace group at the Missoula Marathon. Because I wasn't actually competing, I didn't have a moment's concern about cheating. The drugs allowed me to be my perkiest, most alert and talkative self, and I led my group to the finish and felt like I could keep going for another three days.2

This might have been mentioned earlier as I've not had time to go through the thread but corticosteroids such as prednisolone are anti-inflammatories, predominantly used for lung conditions. They are nothing like anabolic steroids & would I imagine have no performance enhancing effect on healthy lungs..

On 6/14/2016 at 11:47 AM, vanderark14 said:

Ahem... 

On 9/13/2016 at 7:37 PM, thplinth said:

42 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

This might have been mentioned earlier as I've not had time to go through the thread but corticosteroids such as prednisolone are anti-inflammatories, predominantly used for lung conditions. They are nothing like anabolic steroids & would I imagine have no performance enhancing effect on healthy lungs..

Exactly. This Russian hacking into stuff is obviously not well-informed in what is PED's as these are legal and prescribed stuff.

On 3/11/2016 at 6:38 PM, thplinth said:

I am seriously starting to think she has been stitched up. Never ever liked Sharapova but after seeing her press conference I have found some begrudging respect. Andy Murray's intervention is looking like the act of whank. No idea why he felt the need to intervene here.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/tennis/35785322

Get flippin' real. She was on meldonium for years for what she claims was for angina. Read up on it though and that drug is only supposed to be used as a short term solution. On top of that it is a drug only used for treating angina in Eastern Europe and she moved to the USA years ago where they prescribe different drugs for treatment for angina yet she kept a Russian GP? Why just why? And on top of that she apparently never informed her coach and other parts of her team she was taking meldonium. FFS that is all far too fishy. 

3 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

corticosteroids must be a placebo then , cause doping cyclists use it for performance enhancing all the time. You're just stating what they're meant to be used in treatment of, not what their actual affect on performance is.

anabolic just means muscle building, not really what is needed for a cyclist. Corticosteroids are powerful drugs which can quickly reduce swelling and inflammation, greatly improve symptoms and provoke incredible results.

From the Lance Armstrong debacle.

Corticosteroids (e.g., cortisone). These drugs reduce inflammation, assist in recovery and can provide a burst of energy and create a temporary feeling of increased energy and well-being. Throughout the relevant time period, corticosteroids were improperly provided to cyclists by team doctors and trainers to increase energy and enhance performance. … USADA will also rely upon firsthand testimony from witnesses who were aware of Armstrong’s use of cortisone without medical authorization.

I must also admit that Froome's TUE use is a lot less and entirely in line with what he has stated. Turns out he was totally transparent about his use of TUE's.