Tamb Running Thread - Page 43 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really considering signing up for Loch Ness Marathon.

Not done more than HM distance since Edinburgh. Will look to get 16 miles done next Wednesday and if I have no problems with that, I think I'll sign up.

Anyone got thoughts on how feasible this is given that it's only just over 5 weeks away.

Yep, Crathes is a return to my first ever HM. Very much looking forward to it.

Got a one mile race on Saturday.

Any advice on how to warm-up for that kind of distance?

A 1 mile race is hard. A totally different pain from anything you feel running the longer distances. And judging your pace accurately is much more important too, going even 5 seconds too fast on the first lap will kill you by the end.

In terms of warming up, I'd say something like a 20 minute run starting very easy and then going faster for the last 5 minutes. Do this around 20 minutes before the race.

Well done! Must have been tough going at the end - is it not slightly uphill as you head to the finish at the Castlegate?

I managed to take 5 secs off my parkrun PB - still feeling the after run buzz just now...

Well done! Must have been tough going at the end - is it not slightly uphill as you head to the finish at the Castlegate?

I managed to take 5 secs off my parkrun PB - still feeling the after run buzz just now...

Yeah. Downhill for a bit from Music Hall then an incline from about Market Street.

Was feeling it a bit here:

10333527_991532454241053_260053144679213

I can confirm that the Fare Challenge offers an excellent medal.

Very tough race, but very enjoyable too.

Managed to miss my PB by 35 minutes today. So close...

The Speyside Way Ultra had a great medal too. I however will never get one :worried:

The Speyside Way Ultra had a great medal too. I however will never get one :worried:

36 miles seems hard going, but not impossible...

Maybe next year.

There were 2 folk at the start line of the Fare today discussing doing it yesterday :shocked:

Not done more than HM distance since Edinburgh. Will look to get 16 miles done next Wednesday and if I have no problems with that, I think I'll sign up.

Anyone got thoughts on how feasible this is given that it's only just over 5 weeks away.

Yeah, very difficult but doable if you are happy just to run it rather than try to PB.

What is your weekly mileage and longest runs each week over the last couple of months?

I can confirm that the Fare Challenge offers an excellent medal.

Very tough race, but very enjoyable too.

Managed to miss my PB by 35 minutes today. So close...

Love the medal updates.

Did the Carnegie Memorial Race a few weeks back. No medal. Not recommended! Haha

Man up. If Debbie Moore can get knocked off her bike, end up in hospital and physio, then end up back there again a few weeks later with a blood clot in the lung, and go the last four weeks of training with no running at all, then do a FULL IRONMAN in under 11 hours then, I dunno, I run out of explanations as to what is possible for human beings to achieve.

She only bl**dy qualified for Kona... That's 4km swim in open water, 115 miles on a bike, then a full marathon. And she was second woman in her age category. I dunno if the links to her blog will work, but if they do then everyone prepare to be inspired...