Kid's Company - Camilla Batmanjelly - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kid's Company - Camilla Batmanjelly

So, I've seen a load in the news about this charity, that I'd never previously really heard of. I've seen Camilla Batman on QT, but don't really know anything about them.

How are they so high profile? Is a £3m turnover really *that big for a charity? The new stories are around "financial irregularities" but whatever I've read this week always seems to have a nudge-nudge undercurrent to it; as if they're reporting on some allegations I should know about but don't.

I mean, £3m turnover charity loses government funding over financial queries isn't - on its own - a BBC 6 o'clock news item, is it? Is it just because it's London?

I'd like Brant Grebner to explain this to me please.

Dont think they could cope with the amount of children needing help and they had exhausted all forms of donations

Thats what i took from her interview on Channel 4 news

Doesn't she know things she shouldn't about people who don't want those things known? People similar to Edward Heath, for example.

"I'm being suppressed because I know about sexual abuse claims against senior people" says#KidsCompany founder http://t.co/Og9o8IUtAK

— Victoria Derbyshire (@VictoriaLIVE)

August 6, 2015

"Some child protection police officers had come to see me, to say their investigations are being squashed; they are unable to carry out their investigations properly and have their evidence used properly."

She continued: "As I sit here, in years to come the truth will unfold. People who are really outspoken and really challenge government about the way they are doing things, especially in poor communities, are being silenced."

Edited by Stapes

Dont think they could cope with the amount of children needing help and they had exhausted all forms of donations

Thats what i took from her interview on Channel 4 news

I think the withdrawal of funding from the Government and other benefactors in light of the various allegations about sexual manipulation and drug taking amongst the kids they were helping was a major factor in the donations drying up.

I think the withdrawal of funding from the Government and other benefactors in light of the various allegations about sexual manipulation and drug taking amongst the kids they were helping was a major factor in the donations drying up.

It seemed the timing of these allegations were more than a coincidence and after they went bust the Police stated they had no case to answer

She said donations had been promised from non Government benefactors and were voluntarily refused by the company when the allegations broke

The amount of funding needed had dried up prior to the allegations and they were relying on money the Government had promised (by Oliver Letwin) a year ago (much more than £3 million Cameron wanted to give them)

Edited by Ally Bongo

Doesn't she know things she shouldn't about people who don't want those things known? People similar to Edward Heath, for example.

"I'm being suppressed because I know about sexual abuse claims against senior people" says
founder
— Victoria Derbyshire (@VictoriaLIVE)

"Some child protection police officers had come to see me, to say their investigations are being squashed; they are unable to carry out their investigations properly and have their evidence used properly."

She continued: "As I sit here, in years to come the truth will unfold. People who are really outspoken and really challenge government about the way they are doing things, especially in poor communities, are being silenced."

Aye, that's my take on it to. The way the media - particularly the BBC - have gone tonto on this charity makes me think there is more to it than meets the eye. Frankly, it reeks of a stitch up.

It's a stitch up in that the Government did not want to fund a charity that was dealing with the impact of their policies

They were happy to appear to be backing it before the election and once in power they deliberately manipulated things so it would fold by cutting off the required funding

The £3 million grant before it folded seems to be a classic smoke and mirrors action

Charity having to step into an area that quite frankly the Government (through our taxes) should be delivering as a service to the most vunerable in our society is a disgrace.

It sucks that there even has to be charities like this in the first place.

the deficit, help some of our citizens who need it you bastards!

J

Charity having to step into an area that quite frankly the Government (through our taxes) should be delivering as a service to the most vunerable in our society is a disgrace.

badger the deficit, help some of our citizens who need it you bastards!

J

:ok:

badger the deficit, help some of our citizens who need it you bastards!

J

This. :ok:

She reminds me of Millie Tant.

:lol:

millietant3ca.jpg

Despite her unconventional appearance, Camilla seems like a very reasonable woman. On the other hand - and this is the scary thing - people like Millie Tant actually exist!

• 5 months later...