Android Box - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone on here use an android box for films and sport? Seen them mentioned a few times but don't really know much about them. Is there plenty of choice for streaming films and sports and do you get a range of sport not just football?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a Minix box and Kodi. Got some stuff put on it by a guy i know who knows his stuff. Great for streaming tv and movies. Not bad for sport although we struggled with the last few celtic games. Our internet isnt great though and i think that contributed to it too.

Anyone on here use an android box for films and sport? Seen them mentioned a few times but don't really know much about them. Is there plenty of choice for streaming films and sports and do you get a range of sport not just football?

You can get all types of sport,

Can be frustating as sometimes streams stall and you also have to find a stream that works.

That being said, can't beat the value for money, Cheap as chips.

I've got an Android box. It's a T8 box from Droidsticks.co.uk

It's fantastic. It can take a bit of time to find a good quality stream of what you're looking for but it's pretty plain sailing once you know where to find the best streams.

I can watch pretty much any TV show on the planet, almost any football match (EPL, CL, EL, La Liga are all easy to find in high quality streams) on earth, as well as a wide selection of movies.

I've posted quite a bit on this on other threads but i'd strongly recommend the above company and the Wizard that you download from them and install once you receive the box.

Guest faircity

It's fantastic. It can take a bit of time to find a good quality stream of what you're looking for but it's pretty plain sailing once you know where to find the best streams.

I can watch pretty much any TV show on the planet, almost any football match (EPL, CL, EL, La Liga are all easy to find in high quality streams) on earth, as well as a wide selection of movies.

I've posted quite a bit on this on other threads but i'd strongly recommend the above company and the Wizard that you download from them and install once you receive the box.

Do you use the ivue tv guide and IPTV stalker?

If I'm not watching an EPL game in HD quality this weekend, I'll no be a happy bunny!!

You'll not be watching in HD quality. You'll get a good high-quality stream, that's somewhere close to HD. It wont be HD though (although it will claim to be).

So what would the initial outlay be for this sort of thing? I've got SKY and pay £55 per month for basically bugger all. I don't have movies, sport or HD. On demand requires me to upgrade my subscription. I feel it's a lot of money for very little return.

On a similar topic - are there any sites that provide films on demand without a monthly fee? 4OD is feeless but has very little choice, netflix has a monthly fee that isn't worth paying for the small amount of films we watch, iTunes films are twice the price of anyone else, the missus won't do Amazon on the grounds they don't pay tax, and even the torrent sites are all getting shut down...

I have a T8 box but have also since downloaded the Kodi app to my andriod phone and after running the Wookie Wizard am able to do pretty much the same things. Ok, the box probably does more than just run Kodi but so far i've not used it for anything else.

Having been casting whats on my phone to my tv, i'm now wondering if i needed the box at all.

Do you not have to pay someone for use of their server?

Nah. I paid 15 euros for 1 months subscription of the ntv.mx premium streams, but that was only for the convenience of good quality live TV streams. You can still find everything (films, Tv shows, live TV including the fitba) for free, although maybe not as high quality.

Nah. I paid 15 euros for 1 months subscription of the ntv.mx premium streams, but that was only for the convenience of good quality live TV streams. You can still find everything (films, Tv shows, live TV including the fitba) for free, although maybe not as high quality.

Let's be fair, the quality is generally shite for live sports streaming.

Let's be fair, the quality is generally shite for live sports streaming.

Perhaps you're just not looking in the correct places. I tend to get really good quality streams.

I have Kodi on my andriod phone and have got a few add ons to allow me to access live sports.

Have found the quality of the streams to be excellent, but it always seems to be buffering and generally quite jittery. I'm not sure whether it's my actual internet connection (which is pretty good to be fair) or my WiFi connection.

I have a couple of apps on the ipad that I can watch bein sports on and the quality is fine and it streams fine too, so i'm not entirely sure whether it's an issue with my connection.

Was looking to see about an andriod box and was thinking that if it was a wired connection then it might stream a little better, but it's an expensive experiment!