Only Major Derby In Scotland - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Only Major Derby In Scotland

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to watching this tonight.

Wasn't overly impressed with United last Sunday, but they pulled out a decent result at the weekend. Equally, I've been impressed by Dundee any time I saw them last season (Aberdeen's bogey team), and their result against Killie was an eye-opener...however, they reverted to (inconsistent) type by all accounts against Hearts.

Is the game at Tannadice ? Dundee seemed to be United's bitch last season, but I think I'll go for a 2-2 draw in this one.

however, they reverted to (inconsistent) type by all accounts against Hearts.

From the highlights on Sportscene it looked like they pumped (copyright J. Sutherland) Hearts but just didn't take their chances.

Looking forward to watching this tonight.

Wasn't overly impressed with United last Sunday, but they pulled out a decent result at the weekend. Equally, I've been impressed by Dundee any time I saw them last season (Aberdeen's bogey team), and their result against Killie was an eye-opener...however, they reverted to (inconsistent) type by all accounts against Hearts.

Is the game at Tannadice ? Dundee seemed to be United's bitch last season, for the last ten years, for the last forty years, but I think I'll go for a 2-2 draw in this one.

At Tannadice, aye.

You must be a youngster Adam :-))

Aye, I've been really impressed by Dundee under Hartley.

They've got some good players, and the ex-Cowden combo of Stewart and Hennings should guarantee them goals. They were excellent every time I saw them against the Dons last season, and if Harkins had speed he would be a feckin world beater.

When I think about it they probably under-achieved last season, but I reckon they'll do better this time around.

I think it's going to be a good game tonight.

You must be a youngster Adam :-))

Didn't want to overstate. The wee team did have two good years about 12 years back.

I'm 44 now and I was into my 30s before we ever had to look up at them in the league table at the end of the season. And before we knew it normal service had been resumed.

Aye, I've been really impressed by Dundee under Hartley.

They've got some good players, and the ex-Cowden combo of Stewart and Hennings should guarantee them goals. They were excellent every time I saw them against the Dons last season, and if Harkins had speed he would be a feckin world beater.

When I think about it they probably under-achieved last season, but I reckon they'll do better this time around.

I think it's going to be a good game tonight.

Hennings always looked a great prospect. Apparently punted from us due to his attitude. You wonder how bad it must have been to be punted from that group of charlatans :)

Good to see him doing well nevertheless. Good bit of respect for Hartley too. Has gone about his managerial career the right way, working from the lower leagues up.

Hennings always looked a great prospect. Apparently punted from us due to his attitude. You wonder how bad it must have been to be punted from that group of charlatans :)

I'd imagine guys of mccoists ilk felt you earned the right to be a lazy chancer, and these young boys hadnt earned that right yet.

(If you get what I mean?)

Dundee uniteds 2 games so far they've been outplayed for large parts of the game, but looked like grinding out a 0-0, in one they lost a bit of an unusual goal and lost, the other, they got an OG and won.

Dundee looked fairly impressive so far, although maybe not for 90 minutes....

I'll go 1-1, Dundee to go ahead and United to peg them back.

(No pun intended with the pegs!)

The optimist in me says GTF, the pessimist always wins. I'd take a point right now.

Should be a good game though, cmon the Dees!!

To be fair, so would I probably.

Too close to call really, especially so early into the reason.

Based on first 2 games of the season Dundee are looking the better side, yet bookies still have Utd @ 6/5 and DFC @ 9/4?!!!