Cape Town - Page 2 - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

popkean1314foreva

The word censored after Bulls was not complimentary!

Season ticket in the main stand costs something like £150. Gets you in to all the home super rugby and Currie cup games, as well as a home test in the rugby championship. Brilliant value.

I've never really bothered - think been to about 2 games

Saffers werent happy i was supporting Crusaders - then again a whack of the South African coloureds has on New Zealand tops as well

Lot of folk like to go to The Biscuit Mill 1st on a saturday adn then taxi to the Rugby - Can also grab a few beers in teh Springboks bar which is right between the Rugby ground and newlands cricket stadium - I used to go there for Jug night - full of students

http://www.springbokpub.com/

Castle Brewery is next to all of the above

I'm actually moving back to Seapoint/Fresnaye - have bought the apartment i moved out of in July, that my company rented for me for 4 years - so you are around 2 mins away from where i am moving back to tomorrow

I've never really bothered - think been to about 2 games

Saffers werent happy i was supporting Crusaders - then again a whack of the South African coloureds has on New Zealand tops as well

Lot of folk like to go to The Biscuit Mill 1st on a saturday adn then taxi to the Rugby - Can also grab a few beers in teh Springboks bar which is right between the Rugby ground and newlands cricket stadium - I used to go there for Jug night - full of students

http://www.springbokpub.com/

Castle Brewery is next to all of the above

I'm actually moving back to Seapoint/Fresnaye - have bought the apartment i moved out of in July, that my company rented for me for 4 years - so you are around 2 mins away from where i am moving back to tomorrow

Cool - good luck with it. last game I went to was Bryan Habana's last and I think that was the Bulls as well. Or the Sharks. It was just a fantastic day out. Intensity of the game was something else.

When are you moving Euan ?

We've just sold our place in Hout Bay, and the intention was to move funds back to Europe...but with the Rand being so low we're considering re-investing in CT.

Sea Point is one of our preferred areas if we decide to do that. We're keeping our eyes open to see what's out there.

Just coming to the end of our holiday jus nowt...jings, it's been hot !!

When are you moving Euan ?

We've just sold our place in Hout Bay, and the intention was to move funds back to Europe...but with the Rand being so low we're considering re-investing in CT.

Sea Point is one of our preferred areas if we decide to do that. We're keeping our eyes open to see what's out there.

Just coming to the end of our holiday jus nowt...jings, it's been hot !!

moved in last friday - only asked about the place December 14th - i was only up at Lagoon Beach so not far of a move

place across the hall is for sale

http://www.property24.com/for-sale/fresnaye/cape-town/western-cape/11016/103381620

should be 4.5M or less, if avoid agencies

• 2 weeks later...

Not long back, great city and at 22 rand to the pound we felt like Norwegians visiting Glasgow.

Visited Robben Island and was honoured to be shown round by ex political prisoner `Sparks` who spent 8 years locked up there, as we walked round I asked him in my best sports interviewers way `How did it feel when you heard you were going to be released` sort of expecting him to come out with `Pure, dead, good, brilliant` instead he told me he had mixed emotions as he had been told that the police had burnt his house down and he knew he would be re-arrested as soon as he got to Cape Town ( he was )

• 2 weeks later...