U21 Squad - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 Squad

wanderer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought Paterson might get a call up to first team squad this time round but other than that no real shocks as far as I can see.

agree that Paterson should be in the main squad, been on fire this season so far

My heart sank when Sbragia was appointed so predictably no Jack Harper even though he is now based in Britain. However, not a bad squad actually. Still a bit short at centre forward.

Harper is injured at the moment, so need to wait and see how that pans out once he is back.

My heart sank when Sbragia was appointed so predictably no Jack Harper even though he is now based in Britain. However, not a bad squad actually. Still a bit short at centre forward.

Jack Harper is out with a knee injury. I read a report from 4 weeks ago, saying he is expected to be fit in around 6 weeks.

watt might be too old, 22 in december

Think rules are if you were 21 the year qualification for a tournament started then you can still play (sure been a number of players over the years who have played for the U21's at 22 years old.... sure Maloney fell into this case) but might be a cut off date which Watt falls outside of.

Probably best to build for the future than to rely on someone who has been with previous squads.

watt might be too old, 22 in december. spittal i didnt know anything about till i watched the dundee derby, so don't know how consistent he has been. the squad was probably decided outwith call offs by then anyway.

Spittal's worth a place. He's better than Charlie Telfer at the moment for a start. 20 games last season, ever-present this year.

The majority are getting first team game time and only one falls out of a big club (Fleetwood).

Fleetwood have some serious money backing them..... they built a £3m stand when they were still in the conference.

For this campaign, all players must be born in 1994 and later which excludes Watt, Walker and a few others.

The next campaign in 2 years time will be 1996 births onward and so forth.

The under 19s tournaments are annual and this year qualifying players must be born in 1997 or later.

Hope that clarifies that.

First time in a while I've looked at an u21 team and really thought it looked decent.

The majority are getting first team game time and only one falls out of a big club (Fleetwood).

Will definitely get to a few games this qualifying campaign.

You've got a flexible definition of "big club" if ICT and Hibs qualify!

You've got a flexible definition of "big club" if ICT and Hibs qualify!

For players of this age the club isn't massively important.

Christie was the sports writer's young player of the year and there was pretty much no chance he wouldn't be in that squad.

Him and Gauld playing together in attacking midfield will be some talent.

Whilst that may be true. Playing every week against League One opposition...

League one is so-so...... you have good clubs like Coventry, Sheffield United, Millwall, Wigan etc.... then you have a lot of middle of the road clubs (Barnsley, Crewe, Oldham etc...) and the rest being dross.

Callum McFazdzean is in the same league.... and would say League 1 in England is better than the Scottish Championship.