U21 Squad - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 Squad

wanderer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_sign_keeper_jonathan_henly_and_offer_deal_to_striker_james_alabi_1_4202363

Aye, Henly has signed for the Tractor boys yesterday, third choice by the sound of things but at least he is at a decent club.

Edited by kmcca5

Poor parenting in my book!

Though his Dad is Scottish, I think his mum is English.

Gunn moved to England in 1986, and bar a brief stint at Hibs to help Eck out in the mid 90's, the kid will have lived his whole life in England.

Though his Dad is Scottish, I think his mum is English.

Gunn moved to England in 1986, and bar a brief stint at Hibs to help Eck out in the mid 90's, the kid will have lived his whole life in England.

Slightly different if your dad was a Scottish international!

• 11 months later...
On 21 August 2015 at 0:57 PM, kmcca5 said:

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_sign_keeper_jonathan_henly_and_offer_deal_to_striker_james_alabi_1_4202363

Aye, Henly has signed for the Tractor boys yesterday, third choice by the sound of things but at least he is at a decent club.

Jonathan Henly starting tonight for Hemel Hempstead Town against Maidenhead in the National League South so I think we can pretty much forget about him.  

43 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

What you dragging this up for? FFS! 

Because I'm pointing out that a guy playing for Scotland U21 a year ago is now playing at the sixth step of English football and by the way has let five in tonight. 

16 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Fraser isn't on loan at Ipswich anymore, is he?

McManus isn't at Fleetwood. He is out on loan somewhere.

Not sure it matters to the SFA marketing team...

McCarthy wants Fraser back but unsure what is going on with him. Plenty Championship clubs after him on loan I believe

McManus is at Raith Rovers this season on loan from Fleetwood

Also - both players born in 1994 and already celebrated their 22nd birthdays

On 8/21/2015 at 10:37 AM, iainmac1 said:

For players of this age the club isn't massively important.

Christie was the sports writer's young player of the year and there was pretty much no chance he wouldn't be in that squad.

Him and Gauld playing together in attacking midfield will be some talent.

You seriously getting excited about a 21 year-old that cant get a game for Celtic and another player who is 21 this year that is so far away from the Sporting Lisbon first team he has been loaned out for the season. 

They were both in the under-21 team last year that were out-played by France at Pittodrie - and looked seriously out of their depth. I was at that game, it was embarrassing - i  would temper that excitement and enthusiasm, If i was you. Plus If they were as good as you think they are they'd surely be playing first team football at aa decent level at 21 years of age. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

You seriously getting excited about a 21 year-old that cant get a game for Celtic and another player who is 21 this year that is so far away from the Sporting Lisbon first team he has been loaned out for the season. 

They were both in the under-21 team last year that were out-played by France at Pittodrie - and looked seriously out of their depth. I was at that game, it was embarrassing - i  would temper that excitement and enthusiasm, If i was you. Plus If they were as good as you think they are they'd surely be playing first team football at aa decent level at 21 years of age. 

they're still the best of what we have coming through, what choice do we have but to get them in the squad, give them a chance and be hopeful of breaking through this rut of mediocrity we are stuck in.

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

they're still the best of what we have coming through, what choice do we have but to get them in the squad, give them a chance and be hopeful of breaking through this rut of mediocrity we are stuck in.

I've no problem with that. They probably are the amongst the best we have at the 21 year old level. But i dont think we should get that excited about them, because if they were that special they'd be playing first team football at a decent level. And sadly they are not. 

And i would hope anyone that was at Pittodrie last season -as i depressingly was -  for the under-21 international against France would agree with me. A Scotland under-21 side with so many great hopes of ours - Gauld, Christie, Paterson, McGInn, Kingsley, Nicholson, Cummings, Hamilton - were given the runaround. And before people say yes but it was France - it was a weakened France U-21 side as six of their players were selected for their full squad.

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

I've no problem with that. They probably are the amongst the best we have at the 21 year old level. But i dont think we should get that excited about them, because if they were that special they'd be playing first team football at a decent level. And sadly they are not. 

And i would hope anyone that was at Pittodrie last season -as i depressingly was -  for the under-21 international against France would agree with me. A Scotland under-21 side with so many great hopes of ours - Gauld, Christie, Paterson, McGInn, Kingsley, Nicholson, Cummings, Hamilton - were given the runaround. And before people say yes but it was France - it was a weakened France U-21 side as six of their players were selected for their full squad.

I wasnt at Pittodrie last year for that match. I was in the Algarve depressed instead.

Dont worry it was the same when the first teams played each other in Metz in June :ok:

4 hours ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

You waited a whole year to post that?

When I posted the above Christie didn't even play for Celtic.

u21 squad announced for the forthcoming double headers:

Scotland Under-21 squad

Goalkeepers: Mark Hurst (St Johnstone), Liam Kelly (Livingston)

Defenders: Dominic Hyan (Reading), Stephen Kingsley (Swansea), Donald Love (Sunderland), Callum McFadzean (Kilmarnock), Jordan McGhee (Hearts), Mark O'Hara (Dundee), Liam Smith (Hearts), John Souttar (Hearts)

Midfielders: Ryan Gauld (Vitoria de Setubal), Liam Henderson (Celtic), Lewis Macleod (Brentford), Craig Slater (Colchester), Craig Storie (Aberdeen).

Forwards: Ryan Christie (Celtic), Jason Cummings, (Hibernian), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), Billy King (Inverness), Oliver McBurnie (Swansea), Sam Nicholson (Hearts)

Must admit there's a few there that I don't know too much about.  Nice to see Macleod back, no sign of Jack Harper but I guess that must be down to lack of games at first team level.