U21 Squad - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21 Squad

wanderer

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, LewisEDI said:

hate to say it but its not looking great for him, last year of his contract at brighton and nowhere near getting first team football

I think you've spoken of behalf of us all.  Even a loan move with regular games would give us an idea of how good he actually is but it's a worrying situation. I think a lot of people hoped (rather than expected) that he might be in the Scotland squad by now.

15 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

u21 squad announced for the forthcoming double headers:

Scotland Under-21 squad

Goalkeepers: Mark Hurst (St Johnstone), Liam Kelly (Livingston)

Defenders: Dominic Hyan (Reading), Stephen Kingsley (Swansea), Donald Love (Sunderland), Callum McFadzean (Kilmarnock), Jordan McGhee (Hearts), Mark O'Hara (Dundee), Liam Smith (Hearts), John Souttar (Hearts)

Midfielders: Ryan Gauld (Vitoria de Setubal), Liam Henderson (Celtic), Lewis Macleod (Brentford), Craig Slater (Colchester), Craig Storie (Aberdeen).

Forwards: Ryan Christie (Celtic), Jason Cummings, (Hibernian), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), Billy King (Inverness), Oliver McBurnie (Swansea), Sam Nicholson (Hearts)

Must admit there's a few there that I don't know too much about.  Nice to see Macleod back, no sign of Jack Harper but I guess that must be down to lack of games at first team level.

Probably more excited by this squad than the senior one.

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I think you've spoken of behalf of us all.  Even a loan move with regular games would give us an idea of how good he actually is but it's a worrying situation. I think a lot of people hoped (rather than expected) that he might be in the Scotland squad by now.

I think he has had injury problems again at the end of last season as well as when he joined so hopefully he can stay injury free and get first team football this year, if not then i would guess he will be heading back to spain, i'm sure there would still be a few relatively big clubs there keen to take him back. 

13 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

is Harry Souttar a better prospect at CB than John?

he's taller thats for sure he is supposed to be off to stoke before the end of the window. I doubt he will be hanging around at united after his brother knocked back sunderland to eventually end up at hearts 

22 minutes ago, Scots_Wha_Hae said:

I saw that the SFA tweeted that this game would be on live on BBC Alba, but nothing seems to be listed. Anybody know the details?

It's listed on the website I use to check for games on TV.. 

Scotland U21 v Macedonia U21
UEFA Under-21 Championship Qualifier
19:30
BBC ALBA

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

On 8/24/2016 at 10:06 AM, Third Lanark said:

Any chance Souttar (John) and McGhee might challenge our first 2 centre backs? Seem to remember Robbie Neilson saying that he saw McGhee as a future EPL right back as he wasn't tall enough for a CB. Also, is Harry Souttar a better prospect at CB than John?

From watching McGhee over the last few years i would say no. Souttar has come in and done very well and looks to have taken the captain Ozturks place in the starting line up.

If he keeps progressing the way he is he will get a call up 

On 26 August 2016 at 7:02 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

One of the papers was saying that Mark McGhee is apparently no happy with Chris Cadden's omission.

Motherwell fans, is Cadden any good ?

Mark McGhees opinion should be taken and then thrown in landfill. The sooner that man is out of the Scotland set up, the better.

On 26 August 2016 at 7:02 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

One of the papers was saying that Mark McGhee is apparently no happy with Chris Cadden's omission.

Motherwell fans, is Cadden any good ?

Full of energy and looks to be getting stronger as well. Needs to work on the end product a bit. Only 19 I think. He'll get a chance at some point I think. 

• 2 weeks later...

Joe Chalmers was a strange addition, one for the future....

:P

Given the campaign was over, you'd think they'd be looking to the next campaign and blooding a youngster, not giving a 22 year old a debut.

Edited by sbcmfc

Most other countries would have punted an obvious incompetent fool like Spragia ages ago. However Spragia being "one of the boys" naturally gets given chance after chance after chance, just like clueless Billy Stark was.

We have an amazing tolerance level for failure.

Edited by ErsatzThistle