Greenock Morton V St Mirren - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Greenock Morton V St Mirren

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say I am looking forward to watching this on Alba tonight. When was the last league meeting of both clubs?. Must win for the Buddies after a poor start in the league.

15 years ago for the last league meeting I think.

First time in a good while I've been down to Cappielow.

I look forward to that exciting post match atmosphere when we march up opposite sides of the road separated by half a dozen polis and the resident Paisley/Greenock hard men goad each other with predictable shouts of 'junkie/soapdodger' and various 'come ahead' gestures.

Then theres the thrill of passing the corner at the home end and dodging the missiles thrown by young Greenock scamps on the embankment.

Finally there's that feeling of anticipation of you return to your motor/bus to see if the windows and tyres are in one piece.

I believe theres also a game of football going to take place.

Normally when we play down there you don't worry about the result when you put on your coupon - it's just a question of selecting the correct margin of victory. On this occasion all bets are off - we've been truly honking so far. So bad in fact I think we'll only win by 2. :ok:

Apologies to the many sound 'Ton fans I've met on Scotland duty.

I look forward to that exciting post match atmosphere when we march up opposite sides of the road separated by half a dozen polis and the resident Paisley/Greenock hard men goad each other with predictable shouts of 'junkie/soapdodger' and various 'come ahead' gestures.

Then theres the thrill of passing the corner at the home end and dodging the missiles thrown by young Greenock scamps on the embankment.

Finally there's that feeling of anticipation of you return to your motor/bus to see if the windows and tyres are in one piece.

Normally when we play down there you don't worry about the result when you put on your coupon - it's just a question of selecting the correct margin of victory. On this occasion all bets are off - we've been truly honking so far. So bad in fact I think we'll only win by 2. :ok:

Micky, you forgot about the other option of going to Cartsdyke station and getting pelted with bricks from the bridge above by local "hard men".

Gutted about this one. I’m getting the overnight boat tonight from Jersey-Portsmouth and driving up tomorrow. Had originally planned to go to the game when it was still scheduled for Saturday.

Might just about manage to catch most of the first half before I drive down to the harbour. Don’t suppose you can watch BBC Alba live online can you?

Gutted about this one. I’m getting the overnight boat tonight from Jersey-Portsmouth and driving up tomorrow. Had originally planned to go to the game when it was still scheduled for Saturday.

Might just about manage to catch most of the first half before I drive down to the harbour. Don’t suppose you can watch BBC Alba live online can you?

should be on iplayer shows bbc channels live.

I remember those days well, the Embankment was always a 'friendly' place to pass by. To be fair to the Morton lads they give all the different clubs fans the same greeting

Many years ago I worked beside a St Mirren fan who regularly took his young boy to Love Street. After attending the Morton derby game they get home and he asks his boy what he thought of the game, what was the best bit, etc.

His boy turns to him and asks "Dad, what's a Paisley bawbag?"

Edited by Big Col

:lol:

Don't think I have ever seen a bigger collection of minks and neds in one place in my life as were across the segregation when we were down there in the League Cup.

Thought you were more shocked at the number of "watch out for dodgy £20 note" posters plastered on every wall in the Norseman?