A Favourite Album - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aye the Brandon feckin Flowers involvement had me thinking wtf I hate that Kent ,his music and any utter Kent that's ever bought a Killers record(kents) but it is one mighty fine album.

I like New Order but I wouldn't say I'm a fan,This is one of the best albums I've heard this year.If they made this in 92 it would be in everyone's top ten albums of all time(except all those heavy metal dafties that know feck all about music)

Edited by TartanJon

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larky is a big JD fan and I assume a New Order one as well so it will be interesting to see how he thinks it stands up against other NO albums.

It certainly up there with anything I've heard from New Order though as I said I'm not a massive fan.

Third track in Plastic is without doubt the best single of the year

I think Larky said he wasn't a fan of anything after Lowlife - could be wrong though.

They're playing the Academy I'm sure - decided to give it a miss as tickets are about 40 quid.

Peter Hook: 'If my son joined New Order at least they'd get the bass played properly'

Edited by Charlie Endell

Larky is a big JD fan and I assume a New Order one as well so it will be interesting to see how he thinks it stands up against other NO albums.

It certainly up there with anything I've heard from New Order though as I said I'm not a massive fan.

:ok: Superb - best NO track since the Technique album. Edited by Charlie Endell

Seriously though, Automatic for the People. Been listening to it regularly for over 20 years and still hear something new every time.

AFTP is a great album. I was thinking about starting a thread on political albums/songs but decided it might be better as a sub-theme of this thread.

I bought 'Lifes Rich Pageant' back in the day, which is probably when REM became more lyrically politically overt (is that a tongue twister?).

The first 2 tracks are rabble rousing and need to be played LOUD.

I'm really torn on this I hated Waiting For Siren's Call with a vengeance, I think Barney is an utter c*nt and would rather see Hooky doing well than him. I guess I'll have to give it a listen but more recently I've been listening to Joy Division bootlegs than anything new, though I might buy some of The Light's stuff. Sorry I can't be of more help.

The album Ian McNabb did with members of Crazy Horse is brilliant.

Ian McNabb was at King Tut's last week with the latest incarnation of The Icicle Works. I had a ticket but didn't manage as the wife was taken into hospital (back out now)

Followed IW and McNabb since I saw them at Perth Lesser City Hall in the mid 80s. I agree the Crazy Horse album was fab. A few years back, he did the whole album live which I went down to Liverpool to see. Braw night.