Graham Hunter Podcasts - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Graham Hunter Podcasts

Was sure there had been a thread about this already but can't find one.

Anyone else listened to The Big Interview podcasts that Graham Hunter has done?

His first three with Strachan, Gary Neville and Carragher were all excellent, great listening, could have listened to the Neville one for hours. I just found out he has done some more, have now listened to the Charlie Nicholas one, again very good and also on part two of the Davie Moyes one, again a good listen. Not so sure about him interviewing Kevin Bridges about Jose Mourinho but the others are all recommended if you have a spare 45 mins-hour per podcast.

Strachan was very good talking about youth football coaching in comparison to his own learning as a youngster.

Yeah, mostly they have been good listens. Although Graham Hunter's self-loving grates on me slightly.

I found the Moyes ones really poor. No proper analysis was done of why Moyes failed at Man Utd. I appreciate that Hunter has probably got these guys to give their time up for free, so he won't want to criticise them or analyse their failings. However, I felt seemed to be actively defending Moyes' time at Utd.

Yeah, mostly they have been good listens. Although Graham Hunter's self-loving grates on me slightly.

I found the Moyes ones really poor. No proper analysis was done of why Moyes failed at Man Utd. I appreciate that Hunter has probably got these guys to give their time up for free, so he won't want to criticise them or analyse their failings. However, I felt seemed to be actively defending Moyes' time at Utd.

Yep, Hunter can be a wee bit too much arselickey about the interviewee too at times, as well as a number of other footballing persons. But I try not to let that put me off listening.

I haven't got to the Moyes at Utd part yet, probably tonight, but found the first half good.

The Kevin bridges one is actually very good. Just a guy who is passionate about football talking about his love of the game with a few really funny moments. Well worth a listen. I've really enjoyed the ones I've listened to: moyes, strachan and bridges if I ever get any prolonged free time again I'll be listening to some more.

Really enjoying these - liked hearing Moyes talk about his passion for the national team

However the current one is with Charlie Nic and I can't bring myself to listen to it

You will be surprised with the Nicholas one, better than I thought it would be. He doesn't actually come across as the bawbagg he does in punditry.

Moyes one kind of tailed off IMO but his Scotland stuff was good to hear.

Edited by Dalgety Bay TA

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to all of them so far, been really good. Even charlie nicholas comes across as a no bad guy, Even though nae mention of the 1994 cup final with celtic :D . Only thing i find is nearly every interview ends up with it being a barca love in from hunter.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Graeme Souness one is really good, also goes into a lot of detail about his move to Sampdoria, which I have always felt never gets nearly enough attention or credit (though not a massive club, he was playing in Italy at the same times as the likes of Platini and Maradona, and was scoring goals in the Italian Cup final and against the likes of Juve, Milan, Inter, Napoli etc...).... move to Italy was effectively a tax dodge, rather than a new challenge, and he found the pace in Italy so slow compared to England that he felt he could have easily played another 3 or 4 years out there until he was 36.

Edited by wanderer