Refugee Crisis - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Refugee Crisis

Would prefer it if these brain-dead anti-immigration types didn't vote SNP in that case.

Bet if these refugees were white and Christian there would be a lot less "ahm no having any of them" pish.

It would be better if people actually met these poor folk and found out what they have escaped from and went through to get here, rather than taking their racist mates word for things.

I welcome refugees.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experience most people are very concerned about the influx of refugees, a close freind who has always been a snp man turned round and said the snp will not be recieving his vote this time round, i have heard other mutterings from other snp voting associates... This whole situation has the potential to stir up politics as we know it from local, scottish, national and the whole eu... Im affraid the tories will come out of this looking like a strong party willing to make tough decisions...

Is immigration devolved?

Look at the Tory & UKIP vote combined in England

Over 15 million and nearly 50% of the total UK vote

Thats a helluva lot of racists and xenphobes

You're right. I forgot about idiots who believe what they read in the Daily Mail. Edited by Parklife

It seemed to be sturgeon he had the problem with, he said had we been independent just now that she would have flooded the place. I explaining that the snp have no say in imigrtion matters at the moment to which he was fully aware.to be honest its a lose-lose regardless of her stance

Any reason given ? (In that the SNP have no say at all over immigration matters-well not that I am aware).

When i mischieviously pointed out to a girl in work who had voted no that there was now another poll out which put a majority of people now prepared to vote Yes i was told that she wasnt happy with the SNP because Sturgeon was about to invite millions of immigrants into Scotland

Although i pointed out the size of Scotland and the ludicrous logistical impossibility of millions of people coming here even if they wanted to i did wonder how she and many other intelligent rational people on the face of it come to this conclusion

Edited by Ally Bongo

It seemed to be sturgeon he had the problem with, he said had we been independent just now that she would have flooded the place. I explaining that the snp have no say in imigrtion matters at the moment to which he was fully aware.to be honest its a lose-lose regardless of her stance

find some new friends or at last tell him to lay off the mail/express or whatever rag he digests

1 we are not independent

2 even if we were we would not be "flooded"

When I watched it about a decade ago thought it was ok but way too far fetched. The last few years have blown that theory out of the water.

Exactly what I thought/think too. Scary stuff. Scarier still that people are buying it. Turbulent times ahead and we'll be fortunate to avoid a proper big boys war instead of us and the yanks just picking on a weaker boy in the playground.

When i mischieviously pointed out to a girl in work who had voted no that there was now another poll out which put a majority of people now prepared to vote Yes i was told that she wasnt happy with the SNP because Sturgeon was about to invite millions of immigrants into Scotland

Although i pointed out the size of Scotland and the ludicrous logistical impossibility of millions of people coming here even if they wanted to i did wonder how she and many other intelligent rational people on the face of it come to this conclusion

Daily Mail, The Telegraph and the Scotsman. A readership of cretins.

Plus friends and family whose attitudes to immigration are firmly rooted in the 1950s.

A bit less probably,but I imagine they're not that keen on white Christian east European immigrants either.

That's a fair point but I do know personally of some people who are reasonably OK with Poles or Lithuanians coming over but would hit the ceiling if a Syrian, Iraqi or Libyan family moved in next door to them. Sadly, as this thread shows, so to would a couple of posters on here.

However, the clear majority of the TAMB appears to welcome these brave people to their new home in Scotland. :ok:

Exactly what I thought/think too. Scary stuff. Scarier still that people are buying it. Turbulent times ahead and we'll be fortunate to avoid a proper big boys war instead of us and the yanks just picking on a weaker boy in the playground.

Googled it and saw it was released in 1997 so closer to two decades ago!! Someone must have known how it worked given the script and where we are now.

Just read a Unicef appeal on Facebook and some of the comments are stomach churning - folk are lapping this shit up.

Plus friends and family whose attitudes to immigration are firmly rooted in the 1950s.

That's a fair point but I do know personally of some people who are reasonably OK with Poles or Lithuanians coming over but would hit the ceiling if a Syrian, Iraqi or Libyan family moved in next door to them. Sadly, as this thread shows, so to would a couple of posters on here.

However, the clear majority of the TAMB appears to welcome these brave people to their new home in Scotland. :ok:

Yeah. Iraq,directly ####edup by UK/USA, Lybia directly ####edup by UK/USA, Syria indirectly ####edup by UK/USA, Poland/Lithuania not all that ####edup.

Not everyone has subscription to the Utopian Times with its all jock thompsons bairns pull out

I used to want to buy the world a Coke at one point also ; but you realise there's a hole in the bottom

Would prefer it if these brain-dead anti-immigration types didn't vote SNP in that case.

Bet if these refugees were white and Christian there would be a lot less "ahm no having any of them" pish.

It would be better if people actually met these poor folk and found out what they have escaped from and went through to get here, rather than taking their racist mates word for things.

I welcome refugees.

A sizeable proportion of the Syrian population is Christian; around 10%, I think.

A sizeable proportion of the Syrian population is Christian; around 10%, I think.

How much of Scotland is genuinely Christian ?

My point is too much of this is pointed at religion and not humanity.

I am at more humanist funerals or non religious wedding than ever before...as long as regional ghettos are not established then we will all get on.

Edited by The White Ceelo

How much of Scotland is genuinely Christian ?

My point is too much of this is pointed at religion and not humanity.

I am at more humanist funerals or non religious wedding than ever before...as long as regional ghettos are not established then we will all get on.

Agree, religion should have all to do with it. People need help.