Refugee Crisis - Page 25 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Refugee Crisis

Now I know where the expression "###### white people" comes from lol.

EDIT: I;m assuming Aborignals (sic) arrived by the correct channels by living there for the better part of human history. Priceless shit here.

You and your straw men.

Australia was always going to get colonised by someone and as bad as the treatment of the indigenious population was it could have been worse, the dutch could have stayed and taught them dutch.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and your straw men.

Australia was always going to get colonised by someone and as bad as the treatment of the indigenious population was it could have been worse, the dutch could have stayed and taught them dutch.

I'm not talking about colonisation though. every argument is a straw-man if you never understand the argument.

Here is what i said "I'm assuming Aborignals (sic) arrived by the correct channels by living there for the better part of human history."

As you said you had no problem with folk coming through the correct channels.

I made no comment on colonization, i was talking about what you posted about "correct channels"

Your post is internally inconsistent that was my point, i highlighted this by removing the extraneous words. For example saying Austrailia has an "integrated society" in one sentence then praising the policy of keeping the indigenous people away from you in the other.

It's not hard to understand if we keep to what is said, instead of inventing narratives etc.

Hitchens is big big time sadly missed today :(

Aye heard a few folk say that. I mind him supporting the Iraq war and shilling for Paul Wolfiwitz and other neo-cons who made up intelligence on Iraq. So god knows what he would have been saying about Syria and the Iran. Same with David Aaronovitch over here.

I'll have to go back and read his a long short war essays again, with the hindsight of history.

Aye heard a few folk say that. I mind him supporting the Iraq war and shilling for Paul Wolfiwitz and other neo-cons who made up intelligence on Iraq. So god knows what he would have been saying about Syria and the Iran. Same with David Aaronovitch over here.

I'll have to go back and read his a long short war essays again, with the hindsight of history.

About 11.47 in

About 11.47 in

Can you provide the quotes you think relevant as i've listened to it for over 2 minutes now, and i cannot see what relevance it has to what i said.

I'm not used to debating with time stamps on youtube videos. I thought i was talking to you, but you're just referring me the words of a dead man.

Edited by phart

Can you provide the quotes you think relevant as i've listened to it for over 2 minutes now, and i cannot see what relevance it has to what i said.

I'm not used to debating with time stamps on youtube videos. I thought i was talking to you, but you're just referring me the words of a dead man.

You said you remembered him supporting the Iraq war

Paxman asked him if he had any regrets about it and i gave you the time of the video this happened

Didnt think it was that difficult considering what he said ?

He didnt think he could side with any argument against intervening and ousting Hussein - meaning whether or not there were weapons of mass destruction was moot

Therefore it is likely he would feel the same regarding Syria not to mention Saudi Arabia and most of the middle east

Edited by Ally Bongo

You said you remembered him supporting the Iraq war

Paxman asked him if he had any regrets about it and i gave you the time of the video this happened

Didnt think it was that difficult considering what he said ?

He didnt think he could side with any argument against intervening and ousting Hussein - meaning whether or not there were weapons of mass destruction was moot

Therefore it is likely he would feel the same regarding Syria not to mention Saudi Arabia and most of the middle east

and shilling for the folk who made up the intelligence" is what i said in full.

No Paxman never asked him if he had any regrets about shilling for the war. He said "You fell out with a lot of people over your support of the decision to go to war against Saddam Hussein. Do you regret that?"

He asked him if he regretted falling out with anyone.

you might not consider it difficult, but look at the difference between what you think Paxman said and what he actually said. That's why it is better to put it in black and white, so i don't have to sit rewinding tapes to transcribe the correct sentence as you've subcontracted out your argument to Christopher hitchens who is dead. So I have tyo quote him instead of you, and to quote him i have to transcribe the tapes. Carrying the heavy load of both sides of the debate, cause i want to discuss this :)

"I also think there was a terrible implosion coming to Iraq, as long as it was left in the hands of Saddam Hussein and UN sanctions...". " and i finally found i could not support any policy that involved the continuation of Saddam Hussein in Power"

It was going to go tits up anyway, and regardless of cost Saddam had to be removed.

This interview is a post event rationalisation we have his "a long short war" for his actual views at the time, which include said shilling.

He spoke gallons of shyte on the Iraq-war, some of it so bad he was like a paid shill.

Edited by phart

Iraq was a bad thing. Everyone knows that Iraq had no WMD and it was a made up lie to kick off a new bunch of wars.

The thing is we can either whinge about it or we can do something about it.

Now we have wave after wave of Muslims swarming in to Europe and the guardianistas want us to let them all in.

But why should we?

Most of them aren't Syrians; they're just economic migrants exploiting the situation.

I totally agree with Donald Trump 110 per cent on this. We should close our borders to anyone who is a potential risk - any one of these economic migrants could be a jihadi who has a jar of anthrax she wants to let off in a nursery or a neo natal ward.

It's only been 25 years since 9/11 and it's like everyone has forgotten what those Muslims did to those skyscrapers.

If Syrian refugees want refuge, let them stay in a Muslim country next to Syria.

Go live in Qatar and stop faking drownings in the med to make the Corbynistas all upset and wannabe helpful.

The key thing to remember is that the Daily Mail was openly hostile to the refugees until that picture of the kid who couldn't swim went viral and then they were grudgingly supportive.

If the Daily Mail support it then it's wrong.

Build a big wall around Europe, don't let the Turks join, nuke Mecca - problem solved.

If water is pouring in your house, you obviously put buckets out but the main problem is stopping more water coming in from source.

Refugees/migrants are a symptom not a disease. Just 5 years ago Syria could feed/cloth and medicate itself, a drought and a foreign sponsored uprising has stopped that.

Iraq was a bad thing. Everyone knows that Iraq had no WMD and it was a made up lie to kick off a new bunch of wars.

The thing is we can either whinge about it or we can do something about it.

Now we have wave after wave of Muslims swarming in to Europe and the guardianistas want us to let them all in.

But why should we?

Most of them aren't Syrians; they're just economic migrants exploiting the situation.

I totally agree with Donald Trump 110 per cent on this. We should close our borders to anyone who is a potential risk - any one of these economic migrants could be a jihadi who has a jar of anthrax she wants to let off in a nursery or a neo natal ward.

It's only been 25 years since 9/11 and it's like everyone has forgotten what those Muslims did to those skyscrapers.

If Syrian refugees want refuge, let them stay in a Muslim country next to Syria.

Go live in Qatar and stop faking drownings in the med to make the Corbynistas all upset and wannabe helpful.

The key thing to remember is that the Daily Mail was openly hostile to the refugees until that picture of the kid who couldn't swim went viral and then they were grudgingly supportive.

If the Daily Mail support it then it's wrong.

Build a big wall around Europe, don't let the Turks join, nuke Mecca - problem solved.

13 years ?

I'm not talking about colonisation though. every argument is a straw-man if you never understand the argument.

Here is what i said "I'm assuming Aborignals (sic) arrived by the correct channels by living there for the better part of human history."

As you said you had no problem with folk coming through the correct channels.

I made no comment on colonization, i was talking about what you posted about "correct channels"

Your post is internally inconsistent that was my point, i highlighted this by removing the extraneous words. For example saying Austrailia has an "integrated society" in one sentence then praising the policy of keeping the indigenous people away from you in the other.

It's not hard to understand if we keep to what is said, instead of inventing narratives etc.

You and your straw men again, again. You don't have a point, you never have had in almost all your arguments. Its usually all pish.

You cannot compare the two and I have to wonder why you would.

One the one hand you have a civilisation,whom came as fishermen and never really progressed any further than throwing boomerangs, throwing spears at invaders, and on the other is a modern progressive society.

Very few have time for the indigenous in Australia. But you wouldn't know that, sitting in linlithgow with your 16 button mouse.