Club Or Country ? - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Club Or Country ?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As opposed to the last few campaigns? :blink: Seems strange that you feel this one has been such a downer!

not so much the in the pitch. It's the 5pm ko on a Sunday for £50 that feels like I'm being taken the p!55 out of

Probably like a lot of folk.

For the majority of the year and the last 17 summers there's no international football, so club football takes up much more of my thoughts and time.

As a one off occasion Scotland games, even the crap ones, with 50,000 in hampden shit all over Motherwell v stjohnstone in front of 4000 fans.

If I had to make the choice between going to Scotland home games and 1 away game every couple of years, or going to see Motherwell 15-20 times a season, I'm not sure what I'd pick?

I'm quite happy I can do both.

Gave up watching Scottish club football on a regular basis cos the product isn't really worth paying for.the atmosphere is shit,the weather is shit and the outcome is always the same in the end.

Gave up watching Scottish club football on a regular basis cos the product isn't really worth paying for.the atmosphere is shit,the weather is shit and the outcome is always the same in the end.

Sadly, that's the same as following Scotland but with less games and the pain is drawn out over a longer campaign.

I'm trying not to think about it..I'm trying to keep the faith this time but it's harder every year.luckily through it all Scotland give u twinkles of light sometimes.not many but some.

Country.

Cannot fathom why any Scot would put their club team above their country. Well, maybe 55% would...

Maybe because they've more mates who they go to club games with? More family? Attend 40+ club games a season apposed to 7 or 8 Scotland games? Have more of an emotional link with their club as it represents their town where they grew up? Because they've attended games at their club from the age of 3 or 4 and have seen them rise through the leagues, win cups etc which unites the full town?

Plenty of reasons why folk would choose club over country.

I'd probably say Club, at the moment.

Previously i'd always have said Country but over the last 10 years there's been a slow erosion in how much i care. We're now at the stage where we don't even question our team featuring folk who're only in their because they're not good enough to play for their own country. I think i'm pretty close to chucking it all together. What's the point if it's not representative.

I'll admit, like others, that after the 2 results, I'm a little bit dejected and wondering why I ( we ) put ourselves through it year after year.

But.

It always falls back on the fact that I am immensely proud to be Scottish. Patriotism is an addiction to some people. I think I am one.

#onecountryonelove

Patriotism is an addiction to some people. I think I am one.

#onecountryonelove

It always makes me laugh when folk who don't live in Scotland and contribute to the society, go on about being patriotic :)

"I'm so fecking patriotic, i just don't care enough to actually live in the place"

It always makes me laugh when folk who don't live in Scotland and contribute to the society, go on about being patriotic :)

"I'm so fecking patriotic, i just don't care enough to actually live in the place"

Oh hello.

Been a while since you acted the tart with me.

You obviously know the full ins and outs of my life.

Oh hello.

Been a while since you acted the tart with me.

You obviously know the full ins and outs of my life.

I know you don't stay in Scotland or go to any Dundee Utd games, yet act like the most patriotic Scotsman and biggest Utd fan on the planet. I just find it quite amusing.

No need to call me names though :)