Predictions For The The Remainder Of The Group? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Predictions For The The Remainder Of The Group?

TheBoysinGreen

Apologies massively off-topic, I mind the Iran playoff.

That keeper was hilarious - rolling around after 25 mins for the draw. :)

PS Not big Shay! The Iranian one.

He made this list of most annoying goalkeepers to ever play against Ireland........

Ireland faced Iran in an intercontinental playoff to book their place in Japan and Korea. The first leg was in Dublin and a well-supported Iran were content to secure a 0-0 draw, their keeper Mirzapour did what pretty much everybody in the ground expected him to do - feign injury and roll about the place until the final whistle or an Irish goal. Luckily, Ireland took a 2-0 lead to Tehran,which included a beautifully-converted penalty after Jason McAtreer was brought down to concede a beautifully-converted penalty to restore a sense of justice. As we can see above, he was wearing tracksuit bottoms on the night, a fact which instantly added to the sense of distrust afforded to his behaviour.

Fair enough. ..apologies

Pretty shocked by some of the T.A. reaction to their result tonight.... Yes we are back in it....but Scotland are far from out of it

It's just social media- everything has to be black or white and there's little room for nuance. In reality, it wasn't an unexpected result with the opening goal likely to decide things between teams who weren't a million miles apart in ability.

A lot could still change in the remaining fixtures.

Edited by fraz65

We blew it tonight. No-one else will let Georgia play the way we did. We allowed them to build up their confidence the more the game went on and I don't think we won a 50/50 ball in the 2nd half. We will go down with a glorious performance or two but without getting the points.

At least the permutations are much simpler now. We win our last 3 games (2 of them are at home) and we qualify. I have always said that you need to win your home games if you want to qualify.

I can just see it now. We scrape fluky 1-0 wins against Germany and Poland. Scotland and Poland are on 17 points Ireland on 16 going into the last games.. There are 10 mins to go and we are still 0-0 away to Gibraltar and desperately hoping for Ireland to hold on for a draw in Warsaw. I think we all know what happens after that. :lol:

Lets look at the reality of this, the other sections involving the Home nations are shite, Englands group is a about the same standard as the conference league , the Welsh apart from Belgium is the same and no one really gives a feck about NI .

So the television people have said to WGS "look Gordon can you lose in Georgia to help bring the viewing figures back up" and he and the team have duly obliged.

Scotland will now win the last 3 games to get to 20 points to qualify and the nation + the television people are happy, so every ones a winner. :ok:

Right, been thinking about this for the last couple of hours. Scotland were dreadful last night, naive in thought and pedestrian in everything they did. To not even get a shot on target against a World Cup pot five team was a disgrace.

However, I think we'll take points off Germany on Monday, perhaps even win. I'd love to tell you how we're going to do it but I would be making it up. So it's either despair in our mediocrity or believe Scotland are still capable, and likely, of upsetting the odds. I'm going for the latter because the former is too depressing.

Simple as that really, believe we will win because it feels nicer!

Yes, I was drinking last night.

Right, been thinking about this for the last couple of hours. Scotland were dreadful last night, naive in thought and pedestrian in everything they did. To not even get a shot on target against a World Cup pot five team was a disgrace.

However, I think we'll take points off Germany on Monday, perhaps even win. I'd love to tell you how we're going to do it but I would be making it up. So it's either despair in our mediocrity or believe Scotland are still capable, and likely, of upsetting the odds. I'm going for the latter because the former is too depressing.

Simple as that really, believe we will win because it feels nicer!

Yes, I was drinking last night.

we'll compete on Monday just like we did against Spain, hopefully get a draw, quite possibly throw it away at the end

I truly believe we can nick a point on Monday.I watched the Germany v Poland game last night.OK the German passing was fantastic but they do leave their centre backs exposed.I think they have an incredible belief in Neuer( their Sweeper Keeper).I am going to come up with one from left field here.If Strachan goes with a lone centre forward i would go with Christophe Berra Ipswich throw him up top from time to time so why not (he can't be any worse than Fletcher ) it might baffle the Germans a bit and when we do lump balls forward ( which we will )he is not to bad in the air.

Ian

I truly believe we can nick a point on Monday.I watched the Germany v Poland game last night.OK the German passing was fantastic but they do leave their centre backs exposed.I think they have an incredible belief in Neuer( their Sweeper Keeper).I am going to come up with one from left field here.If Strachan goes with a lone centre forward i would go with Christophe Berra Ipswich throw him up top from time to time so why not (he can't be any worse than Fletcher ) it might baffle the Germans a bit and when we do lump balls forward ( which we will )he is not to bad in the air.

Ian

he is injured i think

but that is one of the most preposterous suggestions ive ever heard

great stuff though

Fair dues, Greenie, you are a good lad, and a nice guy, I'm happy for you, but obviously gutted at our weakness, - and guess you'll be jumping after our diaster showing.

I'll go for

Ireland 2 Georgia 0

Poland 5 Gibraltar 0

Scotland 0 Germany 2

Scotland 1 Poland 1

Ireland 0 Germany 2

Georgia 3 Gibraltar 0

Poland 1 Ireland 1

Gibralar 0 Scotland 3

Germany 2 Georgia 1

I think that would put

Germany 25

Poland 22

Ireland 16

Scotland 15

I would go for something like this. Another hugely disappointing outcome against poland.