Will We Do It? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will We Do It?

Dillinger

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before last night I thought we had a real chance of qualifying as one of the top two, now think we'll struggle to get a play off. Germany and Poland both played some good football last night and on their performances I believe we'll need to play to a similar standard as we did in Dortmund/Warsaw to get anything from the next two matches.

I don't know

It's obviously possible but we will need to get a result against Germany and hope Ireland drop points in Poland and even better at home against Georgia.

It's just hard to imagine us winning any game other than Gib after a performance like that last night. Shocking from 20 mins until the very end.

Long shot but are we well off the pace in terms of sneaking in automatically via the best third placed team avenue?

Out of the current 9 3rd place teams.....Albania are top , followed by Hungary. ......Ireland are currently placed 6th out of the 9 places ....well off the pace.

3rd place automatic qualifier definitely won't be coming from our group