Team For Germany Game. - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team For Germany Game.

kmcca5

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this being a possible lineup:

Marshall

Hutton
Martin
Hanley
Robertson

Brown
Mulgrew

Forrest
Russell

Anya

Griffiths

I'm still not sure about Griffiths up on his own, but he's been playing there for Celtic and he's quicker than naismith or fletcher. This game's going to be about faster counter attacks to exploit the dominance the germans with doubtless have possession and territory wise. Anya and Forrest have the pace to punish their advanced fullbacks, that's just a fact. regardless of whether you rate Forrest or not, when it comes to a flat race, he's one of the player you'd want. Russell's, not a slouch either and showed against England that he's got some nice link up play in his locker. I could see a case for Morrison here as he'd be better when needed defensively tho.

For the rest. we could see mulgrew at left back in place of robertson, meaning morrison in midfield and maloney behind the striker. I think this is a game where maloney would just get lost attacking-wise and not contribute enough defensively tho. We'll see.

Weirdly looking forward to it, anything we get is a bonus. The biggie is Poland at home, that's the must win game.

I can see this being a possible lineup:

Marshall

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

Mulgrew

Forrest

Russell

Anya

Griffiths

I'm still not sure about Griffiths up on his own, but he's been playing there for Celtic and he's quicker than naismith or fletcher. This game's going to be about faster counter attacks to exploit the dominance the germans with doubtless have possession and territory wise. Anya and Forrest have the pace to punish their advanced fullbacks, that's just a fact. regardless of whether you rate Forrest or not, when it comes to a flat race, he's one of the player you'd want. Russell's, not a slouch either and showed against England that he's got some nice link up play in his locker. I could see a case for Morrison here as he'd be better when needed defensively tho.

For the rest. we could see mulgrew at left back in place of robertson, meaning morrison in midfield and maloney behind the striker. I think this is a game where maloney would just get lost attacking-wise and not contribute enough defensively tho. We'll see.

Weirdly looking forward to it, anything we get is a bonus. The biggie is Poland at home, that's the must win game.

Sadly if thats the line we shall be beaten simple sorry..............

Very disappointing. In Fletcher and Gordon we have two of our best players in a generation wasting away on the sidelines. They've both missed a considerable amount of their best international years with injury and illness. It's time to bring them back into the starting eleven....

Edited by COLT NY

According to the Hootsmon Anya and Naismith don't make the bench.

"The substitutes will likely be Darren Fletcher, Johnny Russell, Leigh Griffiths, Gordon Greer, Chris Martin, Craig Gordon, Matt Ritchie, Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker."

Edited by rabmania

Tough night for these guys

1 Marshall

2 Hutton

4 Martin

5 Hanley

3 Mulgrew

6 McArthur

8 Brown

15 Maloney

7 Morrison

10 Forrest