Forrest Is Shite - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Forrest Is Shite

Kirk

Everyone is shit, James Forrest, Scott Brown, Steven Fletcher, David Marshall and Alan Hutton are all shit and should never be in the team.

Why isn’t the manager bringing in better players like Eden Hazard, Petr Cech, Yaya Toure, Cristiano Ronaldo. Matt Richie was outstanding away in Dublin and should have started before Forrest. We need to make sure we only start our world class players.

I also hear that Kirk boy on the TA website should be called up.

I think he can, but then it runs our for a goal kick or to another defender, or he can't cross it.

That's not beating a man though. Anyone can boot a ball along a line and run like buggery after it. Defenders must suss Forrest out in the first few minutes.

When he first came onto the scene at Celtic, I thought Forrest was going to be a brilliant player for club and country.

Initially under Neil Lennon, Forrest really did play well and showed some great skill at times back in 2010 for Celtic and Scotland Under 21s. Then he started picking up injury after injury which stalled his development severely. He also took the sadly predictable step of entering into the world of young footballers getting pished and behaving badly in nightclubs.

Forrest has went downhill in the last couple of years. In fact I would genuinely rather see Jamie Walker from Hearts get a game ahead of James Forrest.

Im not saying everyone is shit but forrest really is. We have better players who dont fall over etc.

Nah im not good enough but i could cross the ball better than him.

Fair enough but to just start the thread by calling him a and then thread closed is pretty harsh. Esp when you didnt even give an alternative option.

Watching his delivery (which was poor) I think we all believe we could cross better then he did, but you need to factor in tiredness and the pressure of playing against top players and playing at the speed of the game. If you can do that better than him then we need you in the squad.

I also think there are better options but the boy does the best he can. We dont exactly have a nailed on world class player in that position.

How many of us would turn down the opportunity of playing for our country.

Fair enough but to just start the thread by calling him a and then thread closed is pretty harsh. Esp when you didnt even give an alternative option.

Watching his delivery (which was poor) I think we all believe we could cross better then he did, but you need to factor in tiredness and the pressure of playing against top players and playing at the speed of the game. If you can do that better than him then we need you in the squad.

I also think there are better options but the boy does the best he can. We dont exactly have a nailed on world class player in that position.

Seeing the shite on here, that you'd have to deal with, I'd probably consider it.

That said, I'm a better winger than James Forrest.

Chico, on 09 Sept 2015 - 09:40 AM, said:

They were all guilty of that. Really pissed me off, that did.

Apart from Morrison. He was the only one who made himself available to receive the ball.

Apart from Morrison. He was the only one who made himself available to receive the ball.

What, once each? Certainly wasn't a regular feature. There was more movement in the boozer than on the park at any of our throw ins (but that might just have been because I was needing a pee).

He really is awful though. You can make all the excuses you likdmfor him but he should at least be able to cross a ball when it comes to it.

Hes one of the worst players I've seen for Scotland and Celtic and o haven't met anyone apart from a couple of folk on here who actually think he's a good footballer.

Its that bravery thing what Strachan goes on about, be brave to take a pass or the ball from a throw-in.

Based on that alone Forrest can GTF.

agree with this, was pulling my hair oot watching him

that and the fact he turns his back on the runner nearly every time, defensive liability that is pish going forward. wouldnt have him in squad personally never min first XI