Play Off - What We Need - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play Off - What We Need

Toepoke

Couple of quality defenders

A central midfield maestro - someone in the ilk of Zinedine Zidane

A top quality forward player - someone in the ilk of Marco Negri (replacing the 2 seasons he had at Rangers with a qualifying campaign)

Think thats it .........

Just realised there's a 4th possibility if we beat Poland and only draw with Gibraltar while Ireland get zero points.

Surely that wouldn't happen? :yikes3:

That has been the scenario which has been in my head since the fixtures were announced. Can you just imaging how it will feel in that last game with 10 minutes to go. The score in Faro is sitting at 0-0 and Poland are winning 1-0. What would happen next?

That has been the scenario which has been in my head since the fixtures were announced. Can you just imaging how it will feel in that last game with 10 minutes to go. The score in Faro is sitting at 0-0 and Poland are winning 1-0. What would happen next?

An Irish equalizer of course...

By my reckoning, and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, assuming that we're guaranteed 3 points against Gibraltar, if we beat Poland, we will get the play off spot, at the very worst !

If Germany beat Ireland, then Ireland beat Poland, we will get 2nd spot and automatic qualification. Poland, Ireland and us will all be on 17 points, however we would go ahead of both Poland and Ireland on the head to head rule, and Ireland would get the play off spot, again on the head to head rule over Poland.

So, the bottom line is, we just have to beat Poland !!!!!!!!!!!

By my reckoning, and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, assuming that we're guaranteed 3 points against Gibraltar, if we beat Poland, we will get the play off spot, at the very worst !

If Germany beat Ireland, then Ireland beat Poland, we will get 2nd spot and automatic qualification. Poland, Ireland and us will all be on 17 points, however we would go ahead of both Poland and Ireland on the head to head rule, and Ireland would get the play off spot, again on the head to head rule over Poland.

No, that's not correct. You are wrong. Next question.

Disregard, I'm talking rubbish. Ireland are 4 points ahead already, so another 3 points would put them a point ahead of us. I'll go back to sleep !!!!!

Mind you, beat Poland and we'll get a play off spot !

No. Ireland would be 2nd on 18 points with us and Poland on 17. We take play off on head to head and Poland get nothing.