October Squad. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

October Squad.

saintlyscot

With the lacklustre nature of the team and individual performances during the last double header surely it is time for Strachan to make changes to the squad and invigorate the team. It is obvious he has been over loyal to certain players and the team has suffered accordingly. The warning signs were there in Dublin but we got away with a point and allied to the limited options for that game the cracks were papered over. With the proviso of form being maintained I would like Mclean,Shinnie, Wallace and Ross McCormack in the next squad. Mclean is obviously a work in progress but has started the season excellently and provides a goal and creative threat from midfield. Something that we badly lack atm. Shinnie has improved hugely and is comfortable playing fullback or further forward. Wallace has been excellent this season and seems to have found his old vigour.Given his athletiscm and our lack of options at the back I would be stunned were he not just in the squad but the team. McCormack,when fit, is probably the most natural finisher we have got and has great energy and industry. On the downside I would drop S Fletcher and Forrest from the squad unless their form shows a huge spike. You could also make a case for leaving out Philips or Anya given their contributions of late. The team I would start with as follows.

Marshall Hutton Hanley Martin Wallace Fletcher Brown Mccarthur Mclean Russell Naismith

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the reasons for other players you've given then theres a case for Marshall, Hutton and Brown to be dropped? Massive game can't be playing too many who aren't regular players for us. This game is as much mental experience as anything. Based on that thankfully you ain't picking the team.

Edited by radian_13

With the lacklustre nature of the team and individual performances during the last double header surely it is time for Strachan to make changes to the squad and invigorate the team. It is obvious he has been over loyal to certain players and the team has suffered accordingly. The warning signs were there in Dublin but we got away with a point and allied to the limited options for that game the cracks were papered over. With the proviso of form being maintained I would like Mclean,Shinnie, Wallace and Ross McCormack in the next squad. Mclean is obviously a work in progress but has started the season excellently and provides a goal and creative threat from midfield. Something that we badly lack atm. Shinnie has improved hugely and is comfortable playing fullback or further forward. Wallace has been excellent this season and seems to have found his old vigour.Given his athletiscm and our lack of options at the back I would be stunned were he not just in the squad but the team. McCormack,when fit, is probably the most natural finisher we have got and has great energy and industry. On the downside I would drop S Fletcher and Forrest from the squad unless their form shows a huge spike. You could also make a case for leaving out Philips or Anya given their contributions of late. The team I would start with as follows.

Marshall Hutton Hanley Martin Wallace Fletcher Brown Mccarthur Mclean Russell Naismith

You too are being overly loyal to Hutton and Brown both garbage atm.

I really doubt Strachan will make any surprises in his next squad, and his next team will not vary different from his usual (even though a couple of players have let him down in last few games).

Read this morning that Maloney is out for up to 3 weeks, so he could be in doubt for the game and open up the door for someone.

I'd drop S Fletcher and Brown unless both pick up some form drastically, Mulgrew should definitely get ditched. Hutton might've earned a reprieve having played decent against Germany but his place should be under threat to Whittaker.

Suggestion of Wallace at left back - no chance. Shinnie should get his call up ahead of him, even then I'd be opting for Robertson as first choice.

I'd drop S Fletcher and Brown unless both pick up some form drastically, Mulgrew should definitely get ditched. Hutton might've earned a reprieve having played decent against Germany but his place should be under threat to Whittaker.

Suggestion of Wallace at left back - no chance. Shinnie should get his call up ahead of him, even then I'd be opting for Robertson as first choice.

Agree with this. Just Rangers fans wanting one of their players in the squad. Robertson, Shinnie and Douglas are ahead of Wallace.

Liam Cooper of Leeds Utd should at least be looked at as an option in central defence.

Hutton has to go - he is a total car crash.

Morrison needs to play as an attacking midfielder and so play MacArthur with Brown in centre - Morrison, Maloney and Anya attacking and Naismith up front. Whittaker Hanley martin and Wallace at the back with Marshall in goal

We will then be disqualified for playing a suspended player!

1ANDYP, on 14 Sept 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

I just watched germany's 3rd goal and brown was in no man's land. Just let the goalscorer walk away from him. Can't believe how lazy or stupid he was

On Saturday he (and Nir Biton) were bossed by Shinnie and Jack. Not 1 Aberdeen fan will have been surprised by it though. Neither of the 2 will be in the October squad though.