Making 22.30 Train After Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Making 22.30 Train After Game

We have to get the 22.30 Queen Street train back to Waverley in order to get the last train home from Waverley at 23.54 - I dont usually get train so wondered if there will be enough time after Poland game to make it from Hampden to Queen Street?

You've an hour.

You could walk it in that time.

2.9 mile walk from Hampden to Queen Street. I would say about 40-45 mins, assuming average walking speed of 4mph.

I would do that rather than get the Mount Florida train. There are big unknowns there with the length of queue and frequency of service (they dont do football specials any more), plus you would have to get from Central to Queen St as well.

I've walked to Rutherglen station as well, its more like a half hour walk. But you would still have to wait on/get a train back to Central and then walk to Queen St. Seems a round about road for a short cut.

Get out the stadium pronto and walk to Queen St would be my bet.

Rutherglen isn't a 'tube' station - although between Brigton and Central Low Level it's a 'cut and shut' line so I can see why you'd think that.

Hoofing it all the way (possibly hailing a fast black on the way if you stumble across one) or getting on at Cathcart / Crosshill / Queens Park stations are the best options.

I also need to get to Queen Street station pronto to get back to Perth as heading off to Portugal very early Friday morning

Walked after Germany game but took ages and seemed a lot further than 3 miles tbh

Can you not get public buses at that time? Never saw any after match

Or is it possible to pre book a taxi?

I also need to get to Queen Street station pronto to get back to Perth as heading off to Portugal very early Friday morning

Walked after Germany game but took ages and seemed a lot further than 3 miles tbh

Can you not get public buses at that time? Never saw any after match

Or is it possible to pre book a taxi?

Any time we walk back it seems tae take ages we must jist be dittering

I've seen taxis waiting for their bookings outside Hampden after games (and chancers trying to hijack them), so definitely possible.

Buses on Aikenhead Road and Vicky Road routes will get held up making their way past Hampden - best bus route to opt for would be Pollokshaws Road (10 / 15 minute walk from Hampden).

There are plenty of post-game transport options - just don't follow the sheep queuing at Mount Florida.

I've seen taxis waiting for their bookings outside Hampden after games (and chancers trying to hijack them), so definitely possible.

Buses on Aikenhead Road and Vicky Road routes will get held up making their way past Hampden - best bus route to opt for would be Pollokshaws Road (10 / 15 minute walk from Hampden).

There are plenty of post-game transport options - just don't follow the sheep queuing at Mount Florida.

Cheers bud?

I got the train back from Mount Florida to Central after the Germany match, arriving back at Central at exactly 1030. I was in the West Stand for the match and was out of the stadium pretty swiftly too.

think you would need tae leave the game 5 minutes early if you wanted in tae the toon earlier than that