Peter Hook And The Light - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Peter Hook And The Light

Whilst Peter Hook and The Light are little more than a covers band and Hooky isn't the greatest singer in the world (though no worse than Barney) they put on a fantastic show at the Glasgow School of Art last night, one of the most enjoyable gigs I've been to for years. Played the New Order songs with more passion than New Order ever did when I saw them.

Whilst Peter Hook and The Light are little more than a covers band and Hooky isn't the greatest singer in the world (though no worse than Barney) they put on a fantastic show at the Glasgow School of Art last night, one of the most enjoyable gigs I've been to for years. Played the New Order songs with more passion than New Order ever did when I saw them.

Going to the Manchester gig as well, looking forward to it..did they play the joy division albums?

A mate of mine was there, same feedback from him, excellent gig.

• 1 month later...

Gig in Manchester tonight. First time hearing new order/joy division songs being performed live, looking forward to it.

I hope it was good. I saw Joy Division live once in April 1980 - good. New Order many times - some very good, some very poor. Hooky and the Light once - not good, but it was early days for them, hopefully they've picked up.

Gig was brilliant. New order set followed by closer and UP, then transmission etc in the encore. Must have been on the stage for over 2 hours. Hooky got a bit carried away at the end and was taps aff during love will tear us apart haha. Hopefully catch them in Glasgow next year

Gig was brilliant. New order set followed by closer and UP, then transmission etc in the encore. Must have been on the stage for over 2 hours. Hooky got a bit carried away at the end and was taps aff during love will tear us apart haha. Hopefully catch them in Glasgow next year

Bought tickets bought for next September this morning as the there's a pre-sale on at http://www.seetickets.com/event/peter-hook-the-light-substance/barrowland/921702/?src=921702pre&pre=phatls

• 10 months later...