Kevin Bridges - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kevin Bridges

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw him a couple of weeks ago and thought he was very good. Romesh Ranganathan (whose first name comes up as "timeshare" on my predictive text for some reason) was a bit...Shappi Khorsandi-esque, I thought.

I felt he had a bit more depth than that, a sort of grumpy angry man vibe too, a brown jack dee, and the bit about his kid was funny!

Saw him a couple of weeks ago and thought he was very good. Romesh Ranganathan (whose first name comes up as "timeshare" on my predictive text for some reason) was a bit...Shappi Khorsandi-esque, I thought.

Careful now. That's my future wife you're talking about there.

Thought he was fantastic. My expectations were low for whatever reason, but he was every bit as good as his first tour. The wee bit on the referendum was hilarious. Thought the support was great too. Gig only spoiled by 3 steamers beside me who talked and sat on their phones the whole time.

Edited by dezmondo

Brilliant tonight. He got a bit lost when he tried to slag off Aberdeen and got a mixed reception,but other than that,fantastic.

When he had the tweets at the end,it ended in a marriage proposal,he seemed genuinely delighted at that.

Support was good too, home now,away to roll some fajitas :lol:

Brilliant tonight. He got a bit lost when he tried to slag off Aberdeen and got a mixed reception,but other than that,fantastic.

When he had the tweets at the end,it ended in a marriage proposal,he seemed genuinely delighted at that.

Support was good too, home now,away to roll some fajitas :lol:

with hoose rice?

great show last night in Edinburgh only spoiled by idiots trying to do funny heckles. Also, never seen an audience so tanked up. Folk talking to each other, whilst others trying to have a square go with the ones that were talking. Was kind of like the post having kids sessions he was joking about earlier.

His encore was shite though, complete car crash. Asked the audience to give him questions and we then got 10 minutes of folk asking him to do old jokes (which he took the piss out of it).

great show last night in Edinburgh only spoiled by idiots trying to do funny heckles. Also, never seen an audience so tanked up. Folk talking to each other, whilst others trying to have a square go with the ones that were talking. Was kind of like the post having kids sessions he was joking about earlier.

His encore was shite though, complete car crash. Asked the audience to give him questions and we then got 10 minutes of folk asking him to do old jokes (which he took the piss out of it).

Tends to happen at the bigger venues. For his last tour I seen him at the playhouse and it was the same. Encore was exactly like that. I also caught him at a school hall in Dumfries and it was a much better night.

Still looking forward to the Hydro next month though

That's why comedy in big venues is shite. After living in Edinburgh for nearly twenty years and seeing all these guys in small venues (50-100 audience), big gigs in theatres just come across as completely pointless. In a small venue they can see a heckler and engage to rip them to shreds. If someone is being a twat the audience will usually turn on the eejit.

And if the comedian is garbage, they can see fifty people sitting with their arms folded giving it the you're-no-funny look.

Went to see him in Embra last sunday, didn't see any hassle, only a few heckles which he dealt with really well and tbh, I think it was the funniest gig I've been at, was absolutely pishin oorsels laugh for most of it and Romesh was funny as fk too.

Brilliant

• 1 month later...

It's usually people who don't come from Glasgow who find him really really funny...As a Glaswegian myself I'd say that Glaswegians are by far the most humorous people anywhere in Scotland. I've certainly been in the company of loads of cvnts there who are naturally just more funnier than him.

I honestly don't get him at all.

It's usually people who don't come from Glasgow who find him really really funny...As a Glaswegian myself I'd say that Glaswegians are by far the most humorous people anywhere in Scotland. I've certainly been in the company of loads of cvnts there who are naturally just more funnier than him.

Each to their own.

I like Kevin Bridges but I can't stand Billy Connolly !

Don't even get me started on that fud Fred Macauley.