Kevin Bridges - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kevin Bridges

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went on Wednesday.

Show was decent enough.

Romesh Ranganathan was the support, and his set was good, although I'd seen a lot of his stuff before.

Had heard a few of Kevin Bridges jokes too, but not that many.

The audience was a bit rough, and that was a bit of a distraction at times, particularly during the support.

(See the "football fans not criminals" thread in other football for more on that)

Overall it was a good night and a good show, did have me in proper hysterics a couple of times. I'm not sure he had 80 minutes of material good enough, but that's maybe being a bit critical?

He's a sound guy.

Seen him at a couple of Scotland aways down in London.

Not a ned in the slightest.

I like his stuff, his book is funny and he seems to be a big football fan.

Met him once when he was nearly famous and didn't seem the friendliest in real life though.

Edited by sbcmfc

Met him once a few years back when he was out with his girlfriend and mates (she was alright as me and the Mrs had just had the Wee one and she was asking all sorts of questions about her), while found him to be a bit of a d*ck and there was one other guy (who I later found out was his manager or something) who would prize him away and then come over to me to start small talk (basically make sure I didn't hear anything I could go to the papers with....)

Met him once a few years back when he was out with his girlfriend and mates (she was alright as me and the Mrs had just had the Wee one and she was asking all sorts of questions about her), while found him to be a bit of a d*ck and there was one other guy (who I later found out was his manager or something) who would prize him away and then come over to me to start small talk (basically make sure I didn't hear anything I could go to the papers with....)

All these folk are wary of the press. Kenneth Farrington and I had a sesh with the King Brothers (Emmerdale) in the Horseshoe, and it took them a while to take us for the normal punters we are.

• 2 weeks later...