The T A M B - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back in time, there was a chance for a while of TAMB radio until Sonny picked up his ball and walked off.

Also there was an outbreak of "fella" on here for a while until the HebTA seemed to leave here en masse?

Early forum philanderers may remember "Thing on a Spring".

On here kicked the bucket when too many posters started taking it seriously and believing their Internet character was a real hard man, and not a keyboard warrior. It used to be a random forum, with diverse character. Now you can't get through a single first page of a thread without a mention of rangers or the snp. It's boring and predictable. needs better moderation to call folk out on talking shite, but I imagine most of the mods are sick fed up, and treat moderating responsibilities the same as still feeding a 17 year old blind collie dug that pishes the floor each day, but still remember it as a fun puppy too much to just take it to the vets and put it down.

The taking my name outside of this forum to insult a board members daughter was when my strong interest in here died. That's when I knew too many posters lacked a real life that they resorted to such sad wee acts to get their morning stiffy. Whoever the sad was, how awful for that lassie must that have been reading that, and her pals and family reading that? Absolutely pathetic.

These days I will pop on once a week if bored to see if there's any stories I have missed elsewhere. Getting rarer to find anything worth browsing for.

Rip the tamb. Maybe not today, but the electric meter is running low and the life support machines making weird noises.

Seems that the folk who hate talking about the SNP are the ones who constantly talking about the SNP. Same way those who said the referndum was divisive and brought out the worst in people, always seemed to be the most angriest.

I don't post as much as I used to, but that's more down to spending less time online than anything else. Been here since 2005, and seen some classic threads in that time. The Khraeigh thread was just fantastic, and the Jimbers bus station girl thread was internet gold.

Mind you, I can't believe we've gone 9 pages without someone mentioning "Burds Ye'd Love Tae Ride". What a thread that was!

Relatively new to the site compared to a lot of you. Probably on here more than any other site now.

Like any message board I don't take it too seriously so the talk of 'the glory days' has me chuckling. A good laugh, good source of info and ultimately allows us all to talk pish about the things we love and hate.

I tend to steer clear of the politics threads. The referendum really DID bring out a nasty side to people and it continues to do so IMO. Realise it runs deep for folk but I really don't have the time, or energy to bicker about the same things over and over. Some lads thrive on that shite though so fair s to them.

Anyway peace and love to you all :)

Relatively new to the site compared to a lot of you. Probably on here more than any other site now.

Like any message board I don't take it too seriously so the talk of 'the glory days' has me chuckling. A good laugh, good source of info and ultimately allows us all to talk pish about the things we love and hate.

I tend to steer clear of the politics threads. The referendum really DID bring out a nasty side to people and it continues to do so IMO. Realise it runs deep for folk but I really don't have the time, or energy to bicker about the same things over and over. Some lads thrive on that shite though so fair s to them.

Anyway peace and love to you all :)

I'd agree with this.

Fairbairn, Wolfie and yourself are three Rangers fans I think bring a lot to this board.

I don't post as much as I used to, but that's more down to spending less time online than anything else. Been here since 2005, and seen some classic threads in that time. The Khraeigh thread was just fantastic, and the Jimbers bus station girl thread was internet gold.

Mind you, I can't believe we've gone 9 pages without someone mentioning "Burds Ye'd Love Tae Ride". What a thread that was!

You know the rule...

Hawkeye Ranoo wanking over his webcam to wee pammy 87 was a hilarious story.

Yes, the TAMB is a lesser place without the old-fashioned dignity that HR so often brought to the board.

Seeing mention of Kraigh Kraeigh fukkit Irvine Jambo as always in threads like this I just had a skim through the original thread. So many posters on that thread have moved on to better things (or, in the case of BT, on to unfortunate, self-inflicted humiliation). Some great posters have jacked it in, and so have some right pillocks. Much has changed, unlike many of the topics which are just retreads that have been covered time and again - like, for instance, 'The TAMB's Gone All Shite Now'.

Edited by DonnyTJS

Couple from the past I recall were EnglandRGay (who had a habbit of appearing in various similar names during the school holidays) and his trolling.

Braveheart Ultras...... group who appeared on here saying they were going to revolutionize the Scotland support and said they had been in contact with the SFA to arrange a Ultras section and a card display.... only for one the top SFA guys to post regularly on here at the time to come on and say "no you have not".... think they lasted about a day on here before going bitching to Pie&Bovril

Also the guy who appered during the WC2006 campaign who kicked up thinking we were all holding back on some mega cheap route to Belarus (he seriously thought we were able to get everywhere in Europe for about £10) and would start a new thread every day on how to get to Belarus for less than £50..... think it was Sexpest who eventually lost it with him.

TAMB seems to go through phases.... some times it can be good, others it is rubbish.