Golfers Forum. - Page 12 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Why is a guy like that playing fitba in the run-up to his profession's biggest event?

Just having a kickabout with his mates. Got to live a bit I suppose, assume it was a freak accident. Although if one of his mates tackled him and fecked his knee, he'll never be allowed to forget it!

It depends on how shyte these "shite" players are. Most properly shyte players can't hit the ball consistently enough for these devices to be of any help to them. They should in theory be more useful for better golfers who know exactly what distance they hit each and and can do so consistently. But most low handicappers, that I know, don't use them.

Most low handicappers that I know,do use them.

Varying from 5 to +2.

How did you get on Stevie at Castle Stuart?

Played Burnside Carnoustie today with my pal. Matchplay - I've never beat him - 1 up with 3 to go. Yes, I lost by 2 - terrible choker like my name sake in the tennis.

Course was in great nick, and a good cheaper/wee rival to the Championship.

Driving was near enough spot on like I said before the distance not great 250-270, but straight and so on.

How do you cope with slow play? We had a group of lads on holiday from England in front 3 groups of 4 - and by christ they were slow. Have to remember they were tourists and so on, but there were plenty of times we were finishing on the green and they were teeing off and not once offered us to go through. Then of course folk behind us get caught up and so on.

It's a mad game though. First game - putting was very good, 2 and very seldom 3 putts. Today all over the place.

Hopefully get oot the morn tae :)

Played Burnside Carnoustie today with my pal. Matchplay - I've never beat him - 1 up with 3 to go. Yes, I lost by 2 - terrible choker like my name sake in the tennis.

Driving was near enough spot on like I said before the distance not great 250-270, but straight and so on.

How do you cope with slow play? We had a group of lads on holiday from England in front 3 groups of 4 - and by christ they were slow. Have to remember they were tourists and so on, but there were plenty of times we were finishing on the green and they were teeing off and not once offered us to go through. Then of course folk behind us get caught up and so on.

It's a mad game though. First game - putting was very good, 2 and very seldom 3 putts. Today all over the place.

I asked my pro about you yesterday. Is your set-up ok? Stick a club on the deck to point where you're going and work round that.

Played great on the front nine. Started par-birdie-par and went out in 39. Literally the moment we stepped onto the 10th it pished down and didn't stop 'til we were on 13. Took 5 :shocked: off the tee at the par-5 twelfth after blocking two tee shots into the gorse. Really pissed me off because I made a great putt for an 8 :lol: Struggled judging distance on the back nine but scrambled really well with not a single 3-putt the whole round. Ended up with 81 which I should be delighted with but that 8 on the twelfth will haunt me forever :worried:

Hate slow play. Absolutely no need for it at our level. My biggest dislike is watching some knobber in front of you hacking up the fairway and taking an age over his 2 foot putt for a 9. IT'S A GIMME FFS!

Played Centenry at Gleneagles last month and Carrick too,

Playing Barassie & Carrick again this month.

Played The Carrick a few years ago. Wasn't particularly enamoured with the course (except one par 3 over water, great hole) but the hospitality and clubhouse were fantastic. Edited by redstevie007

Moved to Newcastle last year. At start of spring was out and about playing some really good courses around here at really cheap prices. Gosforth was a tenner including a pint or a bacon sandwich and tea. Beamish - tenner - lovely course. I played nine courses around here (work nightshift so days free) - most Ive paid so far is £15.

Unfortunately tore my elbow ligaments clubbing the ground when driving off. Couldn't play properly when I went on my annual trip to Dumfries with twelve of us .

Played Dumfries and Galloway - 2nd time Ive played it and for some reason not keen on it.

Powfoot - love this course - played it every year now for last 6 years.

Thornhill - 1st time this year - really enjoyed the opening nine - mostly parkland then the back nine - mainly heathland is just brilliant.

Dumfries and County - play this one every year - one of my all time favourites - love it .

Had a run in with a hot head today. Hit my drive with a big slice to the right, heading onto the opposite fairway. Group walking up that towards us so I belted out a shout of fore. Literally couldn't have shouted loud enough, they were too busy gabbing away and my ball missed them by inches. Guy comes screaming over, shouting and swearing away pointing his finger claiming I could have broke his leg. Completely out of order, first words out my mouth we're sorry about that, but I did shout. Guy was having none of it though. Really pissed me off, want to make a complaint to the club secretary but never done something like that before, not normally one to complain but the guys attitude was horrendous and I'd hate for him to get away with it and do it again. Any advice on how to handle it?