Golfers Forum. - Page 22 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Seen that. I'm looking to get new 3 wood and hybrids,but undecided on what to get.

I bought a 14degree Taylormade SLDR Mini-driver a year ago, it's bigger than 3 wood but is so easy to hit and goes a quite a bit further than my old 3 wood. Don't think they make a SLDR version anymore but they have the Mini-driver version of Aero Burner which is the same concept and worth look.

I bought a 14degree Taylormade SLDR Mini-driver a year ago, it's bigger than 3 wood but is so easy to hit and goes a quite a bit further than my old 3 wood. Don't think they make a SLDR version anymore but they have the Mini-driver version of Aero Burner which is the same concept and worth look.

I looked at the mini driver.

I have a sldr driver at 14 degree,which I quite like,but that may change in the coming months :lol:

Has your handicap come down any?

Has your handicap come down any?

I came down .8,but more to the fact that I never make enough time to go out as much as I should.

Tend to play opens rather than my home course,but hopefully that changes this year.

Working a lot of weekends has been quite a factor in it also

But as I can't be arsed playing through the winter it takes me about 4 months to get my game back.

I was out today. Fantastic sunny day with just a slight breeze. Trying to putt through a half inch of snow is a wee bit tricky though.

I haven't unpacked my bag (or cleaned my clubs) from my last game at the end of October.

Mouldy waterproofs and a rancid banana will be a nice wee surprise come spring time. :lol: I left an apple in my bag for about 6 weeks once. It wasn't very pleasant grabbing hold of that.

Mouldy waterproofs and a rancid banana will be a nice wee surprise come spring time. :lol: I left an apple in my bag for about 6 weeks once. It wasn't very pleasant grabbing hold of that.

That's what kids and a £5 note are for :D

Bought a voucher for a 4 ball at Castle Stuart at auction few week ago. Looking forward to it, not sure whether to play before or after the Scottish Open there!

Might need to take a few more lessons first!

I dont think it matters. Has a good reputation for being looked after.

Personally I would go the week after though. Grandstands etc will still be up. Would be a bit different.

Felt guilty after posting that so have cleaned bag out, waterproof were a bit iffy but there was no rancid fruit.

Felt guilty after posting that so have cleaned bag out, waterproof were a bit iffy but there was no rancid fruit.

That's another fine reason I can use for not eating fruit :ok:

Don't want it stinking out my golf bag when I forget to eat it.

Cheers Larky :lol: