Golfers Forum. - Page 25 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Went on a golfing activities week with Richie in 1999 I think. He was in 4th year when I was in 2nd year. Great lad and good laugh. Never looked down on anybody.. He even stopped for a yap at Castle Stewart a couple of years ago during his practice round

He played off 4 when he was 15

Aye, he's a very decent lad. His wife is about to drop any minute now - she's a cracker too. Doing really well for himself but never forgotten where he comes from. Funnily enough, like the rest of the rest of us, he's aghast at the recent changes at Royal Aberdeen (where he was, and still is, a member).

5 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Great course - hugely underrated IMO. 

Agreed. Was in decent Nick today,few bunkers were gur due to water,but absolutely nothing can be done about that. 

The wind changed direction so many times,we were really struggling for club selection,but it was just a bounce game,so no harm done. 

Roos leap afterwards was tremendous. 

On 13/02/2016 at 4:35 PM, SMcoolJ said:

Great course - hugely underrated IMO. 

Major reconstruction planned over the next few years. Hope they manage to keep it as good as it is at present. It's a great course. The 17th is one of my favorite holes anywhere.

Edited by Orraloon

I actually think the changes will enhance the course. It needs done  as the land is disappearing into the sea.

Played Goswick this morning and it's amazing how much water is lying on the course. It was in fine condition nonetheless. If that place is holding water it shows how wet other courses will be!!

Texas Scramble at Tain Golf Club to raise funds for local football team.

Lovely Old Tom Morris course, celebrated centenary year last year, I played it a few days ago and it is in great condition (only a couple of wet patches).

Tain Golf Club

Sunday 13th March

Tee times 0730 - 1300

4 person team, £40 per team

email steven@tainthistle.co.uk to book a tee time

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2016 at 11:12 PM, Orraloon said:

Major reconstruction planned over the next few years. Hope they manage to keep it as good as it is at present. It's a great course. The 17th is one of my favorite holes anywhere.

I've heard that there has been a change of plan and he major reconstruction talked about, probably isn't going to happen now, well not in the near future anyway. It's going to cost too much. They are now planning more minor changes in the areas which are in most imminent danger of disappearing. They are trying to find funding for more longer term measures.

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

Got lessons for my Christmas so went for first one on Friday, apparently my grip is fine and everything else is a disaster waiting to happen with my draw actually being a hook. Next three lessons are going to be fun.

Good time to get such positive news, you have time to fine tune!  If it's any consolation your grip being fine is a real bonus - easily the hardest thing to have to change. 

8 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Good time to get such positive news, you have time to fine tune!  If it's any consolation your grip being fine is a real bonus - easily the hardest thing to have to change. 

I'm trying to be positive and take a fine tune perspective though it seems more like major surgery however the videos and flightscope don't line (it's really brilliant reinforcement) and I at least have a clear picture of where I need to get to.

• 2 weeks later...

Practice is almost done and the season starts for real on Saturday. 

Newburgh am-am,Carrick a week on Saturday,oldmeldrum on 9th April,murcar 17th April, trump on 7th may and Cullen in July. That's my schedule so far,can't wait for the weekend now.

Most other weekends will be spent working or the Kings links. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2016 at 11:28 PM, DOUBLE A said:

Played Boat of Garten for the first time during the week, lovely course in great condition, only £15 a round till the end of March, cracking value 

Yes!  A wee gem.  Leave your driver in the boot though.

Played Moray Old and "New" at the weekend.  They don't get anything like the credit they deserve. Both courses are better than Cruden Bay (probably second only to Meldrum House as the most over hyped course I've played) and the Old is better than many others on the East Coast. Cracking deals available and Lossie is a great place to stay for a wee break.

Nothing for me this week. Working today and football tomorrow,which makes my course impossible to play on. 

Had to rearrange Carrick last week because of the weather,so got that to look forward to on Saturday. 

I did however spank balls at the range today and regripped my 60 degree vokey. 

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Nothing for me this week. Working today and football tomorrow,which makes my course impossible to play on. 

Had to rearrange Carrick last week because of the weather,so got that to look forward to on Saturday. 

I did however spank balls at the range today and regripped my 60 degree vokey. 

If you can I'd give the Carrick a few weeks to dry out.