Golfers Forum. - Page 27 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

Well didn't manage the bounce game, making do with a few hits at the practise area before hand. First id picked up a club since September. Topped the b@stard off the first tee. Ended up holing a 20 footer for bogey. 

Dont think I've ever been that cold. First 7 or 8 was OK then the wind got up. Last 4 it was just a complete slog. Didn't help that they were working on the greens so it was a bit of a lottery on some of them. 

Round in 82. Not bad considering I had two 6's and an 8 on the front 9. Back in 37 though, which included four missed putts inside 4 or 5 feet so happy enough. 

Credit to Glenbervie. They phoned about an hour after I got home. In light of how cold it was and the work going on, would we like to go back for a free game? Fair play to them. 

Cracking track btw, would highly recommend.  

9 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Well didn't manage the bounce game, making do with a few hits at the practise area before hand. First id picked up a club since September. Topped the b@stard off the first tee. Ended up holing a 20 footer for bogey. 

Dont think I've ever been that cold. First 7 or 8 was OK then the wind got up. Last 4 it was just a complete slog. Didn't help that they were working on the greens so it was a bit of a lottery on some of them. 

Round in 82. Not bad considering I had two 6's and an 8 on the front 9. Back in 37 though, which included four missed putts inside 4 or 5 feet so happy enough. 

Credit to Glenbervie. They phoned about an hour after I got home. In light of how cold it was and the work going on, would we like to go back for a free game? Fair play to them. 

That's very decent of them.  Most places happy to take your money and see the back of you.  And look, you've told people so it's great advertising that's cost them zero....

41 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

That's very decent of them.  Most places happy to take your money and see the back of you.  And look, you've told people so it's great advertising that's cost them zero....

Aye true. We were a wee bit disgruntled that no one had said to us prior to going out, about the greens, but as we were getting members guest rate,  weren't going to complain. 

23 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

We've recently had the same news from The Carrick. 

Unfortunately,it may be round about the same time I'm away getting married. 

Anyone got any experience/advice in cancelling a wedding??

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Shag your fiancees sister. Pretty sure that would work.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Carrick did the same for us two years back. Hammered down with rain all day so we got to go back for a free round. The course was actually playable the first time, they just said it didn't look enjoyable.......it wasn't, so fair play to them. 

Had a shocker of a golf weekend.  I was 2 up with 3 to play on Saturday - I didn't even manage to take it down the 19th.  Followed by a 84 in medal on Sunday (and my putting was superb).  Went to see mate yesterday, 10 secs on video and problem found (hopefully).  Mojo back.  What a game this is!

Had my first sub 80 round today. 

79 at Kings Links,could quite easily have been 75/76 with putts lipping out. 

Always knew it was there,but getting it all together at once was the problem. 

Fine form to be on for Trump tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I thought you were a single figure handicapper? 

Trump today. 

Wow,what a track. 

Very impressed by it all,I'm 4/5 years when it all beds in,major course in the making. 

Had a great start,1 over after 4 and then we went into the wind and it bit back big time. 

Out in 55,came back in 44. 

Delighted to break a ton on my debut. 

Furst course I've ever played with two par 5's for the first 4 holes. 

Stunning. 

£5.50 for a lucozade sport and Fanta pre tee off though. 

Almost died:lol:

47 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Trump today. 

Wow,what a track. 

Very impressed by it all,I'm 4/5 years when it all beds in,major course in the making. 

Had a great start,1 over after 4 and then we went into the wind and it bit back big time. 

Stunning. 

You should try to learn something new every time you play a round of golf. Today you learnt a very important lesson - Bring your own juice.:lol:

19 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Trump today. 

Wow,what a track. 

Stunning. 

Could be wrong about this but one of the courses at Kinross has 4 par 5's on the front 9, 5 in total. They used to be called the Red and Blue courses but they have 'proper' names now. 

Just checked, it's The Bruce I'm talking about. The Montgomery is the other. 

On 6 May 2016 at 6:36 PM, dandydunn said:

This cut came through today. Down 1.5 to 13.9. Getting towards the aim for the end of the season already. 

Links again tomorrow,Alford or Saturday and Kintore the week after. 

Hope this cracking weather stays up,be shorts tomorrow :)

I like this Teeofftimes website. Getting some great deals here around Newcastle area. Played Tynemouth (£13) , Morpeth (£8) , Tyneside ( £14) - all really good courses. Played a 9 holer - but with 18 tees - Warkworth - £10 in the hionesty box - course ok but fantastic views right on the coast.

Really annoying not being able to play more (I work at nights -so plenty of free time) - but thought Id recovered from Golfer's Elbow that I got last year - but its back - having to limit myself and drug up full of ibuprofen.

21 hours ago, irnbruman said:

I like this Teeofftimes website. Getting some great deals here around Newcastle area. Played Tynemouth (£13) , Morpeth (£8) , Tyneside ( £14) - all really good courses. Played a 9 holer - but with 18 tees - Warkworth - £10 in the hionesty box - course ok but fantastic views right on the coast.

Really annoying not being able to play more (I work at nights -so plenty of free time) - but thought Id recovered from Golfer's Elbow that I got last year - but its back - having to limit myself and drug up full of ibuprofen.

It's always good to have a ready-made excuse up your sleeve.;)

17 minutes ago, DOUBLE A said:

Playing Irvine Bogside tomorrow, anyone got any tips ?

Heard it's pretty tight of the tee which doesn't sound to promising for me 

Greens will be brilliant. It is as tight as feck off the tee. Nice course if pretty un links like. It's a weird mix but enjoyable.