Golfers Forum. - Page 29 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Golfers Forum.

dandydunn

9 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Better players than you have 5 putted.:lol: Since Ernie's meltdown at the Masters, I've been surprised at how many folk I have heard about 4 putting and 5 putting. It's almost like it's suddenly become trendy.

All the cool kids do it........ ;)

90 for me today,including a 7,8 and 10. 

Net 148 hopefully enough to get me into the handicap championship,fingers crossed. 

Absolutely lashed with rain from holes 7-11,would've walked if I didn't have to enter a card,then the sun came out,waterproofs off,top off and playing in a tshirt. 

I love golfing in Scotland in the summer :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

Had a lesson a couple of days ago. Near the end of the lesson took the driver out, immediately he told me my shoulders were out of line. I then proceeded to hit the straightest drives I've ever hit in my life!

Looking forward to trying it on the course tomorrow, and then Castle Stuart on Thursday.

1 hour ago, ibelieve!!! said:

Had a lesson a couple of days ago. Near the end of the lesson took the driver out, immediately he told me my shoulders were out of line. I then proceeded to hit the straightest drives I've ever hit in my life!

Looking forward to trying it on the course tomorrow, and then Castle Stuart on Thursday.

I've been having lessons and it's been the best money I've spent especially using the Trackman the feedback from that is amazing.

32 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is your handicap coming down?

...........no but I am hitting the ball much better (longer, higher and straighter), on the whole I have a much better idea of what's gone wrong when I hit a baddish shot but still can't stop hitting three or four really, REALLY, REALLY bad shots which have major consequences to my round and I still struggle in bunkers (though I haven't had that lesson yet!)

On 25/05/2016 at 7:36 AM, Flora MaDonald said:

Cowglen, Glasgow.

To make matters worse, I hit a deer. Nursung the poor wee bugger on the 8th fairway.

Is that The one on the way to Killie? Heard it's really good? 

I'm hopefully playing at Tillicoultry later today. As far as 9 holes courses go this is one of the better ones. Just need the rain the bugger off. 

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Is that The one on the way to Killie? Heard it's really good? 

I'm hopefully playing at Tillicoultry later today. As far as 9 holes courses go this is one of the better ones. Just need the rain the bugger off. 

I'll get you over for a game later in  the season if you fancy it.

All the best at Tillicoutry - smashing wee 9 holer.

2 hours ago, Flora MaDonald said:

I'll get you over for a game later in  the season if you fancy it.

All the best at Tillicoutry - smashing wee 9 holer.

Defenitely mate, I'm not too far from  you so we'll get that arranged. 

Aye I've been a member there on and off for ten years. Always very well looked after.

On 5/27/2016 at 6:18 PM, ibelieve!!! said:

Castle Stuart was amazing yesterday. As you'd expect with the Scottish Open their shortly it is in great condition.

Course wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, only lost 2 balls so happy with that!!

Clever course.  Designed for corporate golfers - wide open off the tee so that everyone feels involved, has fun and isn't looking for balls constantly.  Can be tricked up a little with pin placements etc, but if the wind doesn't blow, the pro's will destroy it.  Really enjoyable place to go though, would definitely recommend.

On 30 May 2016 at 10:59 AM, SMcoolJ said:

Clever course.  Designed for corporate golfers - wide open off the tee so that everyone feels involved, has fun and isn't looking for balls constantly.  Can be tricked up a little with pin placements etc, but if the wind doesn't blow, the pro's will destroy it.  Really enjoyable place to go though, would definitely recommend.

Exactly, think that description sums it up perfectly.

Looking forward to the Scottish Open returning in a few weeks, hopefully get some windy conditions!

Right. 

Suggestion time,we're looking on going away on Ryder cup Sunday,playing Sunday and Monday. 

First thrown into the pot is tain and dornoch. 

Carnoustie,st Andrews and glen eagles are out as it's the dunhill cup the next week. 

So go on,throw some ideas about please. :ok:

Edit: We obviously need somewhere that we can watch the golf late into the night. 

Edited by dandydunn

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Right. 

Suggestion time,we're looking on going away on Ryder cup Sunday,playing Sunday and Monday. 

Carnoustie,st Andrews and glen eagles are out as it's the dunhill cup the next week. 

Edit: We obviously need somewhere that we can watch the golf late into the night. 

Montrose and Letham Grange, if you want to mix it up a wee bit with one links course and one parkland?

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Montrose and Letham Grange, if you want to mix it up a wee bit with one links course and one parkland?

We play Montrose over the winter and I have an outing at letham grange every year. 

And it's too close,we want further away from the wives :lol:

10 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Right. 

Machrihanish. Get a cottage at www.machrihanishdunes.com and play both the original Machrihanish and the new Mach Dunes course.

Edited by wee-toon-red
Corrected the link

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

We play Montrose over the winter and I have an outing at letham grange every year. 

And it's too close,we want further away from the wives :lol:

Go to America, then you'll be in the right time zone for the Ryder Cup.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Go to America, then you'll be in the right time zone for the Ryder Cup.

A week after my honeymoon?

It was mentioned with tongue firmly in cheek,it never went down very well :lol:

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

A week after my honeymoon?

It was mentioned with tongue firmly in cheek,it never went down very well :lol:

Man or moose, min? If you are this hen pecked at this stage, your golf career could be over in a couple of years time. :lol: