Jd Sports - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jd Sports

DaveyDenoon

Don't ever shop with these cowboys. How the SFA can arrange an exclusive tie up with this shower of s is beyond me.

Basically ####ed up my order so I called them up and two hours later I finally get off the phone. Refused to honour my 15% discount as well despite me showing my SSC card in store the first time around.

Had to cancel the original order then place a new one no discount. Then the s had the cheek to try and charge me £5.99 next day delivery charge to put right their up.

Not my first complaint to these shower of useless pricks but it will definitely be my last. Never will I darken their door agsin.

The sooner this deal with the SFA is over and done with the better but sadly it means I won't be getting the new Scotland top when it comes out no matter how smart it is.

Don't ever shop with these cowboys. How the SFA can arrange an exclusive tie up with this shower of s is beyond me.

Basically ####ed up my order so I called them up and two hours later I finally get off the phone. Refused to honour my 15% discount as well despite me showing my SSC card in store the first time around.

Had to cancel the original order then place a new one no discount. Then the s had the cheek to try and charge me £5.99 next day delivery charge to put right their up.

Not my first complaint to these shower of useless pricks but it will definitely be my last. Never will I darken their door agsin.

The sooner this deal with the SFA is over and done with the better but sadly it means I won't be getting the new Scotland top when it comes out no matter how smart it is.

Agreed. I haven't had an issue like that, but they are by far the worst suppliers of Scotland gear I can remember, the sooner the "exclusive contract" is over, the better.

Agreed. I haven't had an issue like that, but they are by far the worst suppliers of Scotland gear I can remember, the sooner the "exclusive contract" is over, the better.

They're a joke. Kept my cool for about an hour and three quarters, was quite proud of myself then I lost it with them.

Still fuming.

Agree with poor service comments.

Recently the branch in St James Centre Edinburgh would not honour my SSC discount yet next day Fort Kinnaird branch would.

Not only did they refuse today on the phone when I had to re-place my order but I also had to show the store manager the SSC membership benefits on the website last week before he would honour the discount.

After all that I lost the discount anyway when I had to cancel the original undelivered order to reorder again today.

This is easily the worst tie up that the SFA have ever been responsible for as far as the fans are converned. It's quite frankly a disgrace.

I got a replica retro top there today, honored my 15% discount without any questions. (Aberdeen branch)

However, I have been looking for the current home top since before the game in Dublin. They have never had them in stock since mid May.

That's probably not the fault of JD, more Adidas. If the shop isn't getting supply, they can't sell them.

That brings me on to another gripe. The choice of merchandise from Adidas is CRAP. Two styles of shirt in red or blue and that's it.

When you see the choice of Scotland rugby gear compared to what Adidas offer, their range is excellent and the shops are full of them.

The quicker this JD partnership is over, the better.

Edited by Graham of Montrose

I got a replica retro top there today, honored my 15% discount without any questions. (Aberdeen branch)

However, I have been looking for the current home top since before the game in Dublin. They have never had them in stock since mid May.

That's probably not the fault of JD, more Adidas. If the shop isn't getting supply, they can't sell them.

That brings me on to another gripe. The choice of merchandise from Adidas is CRAP. Two styles of shirt in red or blue and that's it.

When you see the choice of Scotland rugby gear compared to what Adidas offer, their range is excellent and the shops are full of them.

The quicker this JD partnership is over, the better.

When you see what the Welsh and NIrish get you wonder what we did wrong. All Adidas yet our stuff looks like a market knock off.

J

When you see what the Welsh and NIrish get you wonder what we did wrong. All Adidas yet our stuff looks like a market knock off.

J

Exactly

Adidas do some decent stuff. We've seen it. The SFA must have accepted the crap they've put together for us.

Stirling shop does 15% discount on all Scotlsnd adidas item (full price / sale) no problem at all,

Was in JD at Braehead this afternoon, got some of the training gear, was told it was company policy not to do discount on sale items. I think they just couldn't be bothered putting it through as they were busy.

The fact the discount can't be used online either is a joke in this day and age,

Quicker this JD thing is done away with, the better,

Stirling shop does 15% discount on all Scotlsnd adidas item (full price / sale) no problem at all,

Was in JD at Braehead this afternoon, got some of the training gear, was told it was company policy not to do discount on sale items. I think they just couldn't be bothered putting it through as they were busy.

The fact the discount can't be used online either is a joke in this day and age,

Quicker this JD thing is done away with, the better,

Good to hear some of the shops giving the discount without any hassle. But shouldn't that be the minimum expected anyway? After all we are entitled to it.

It's a poor show indeed when it comes given to some shops give it and some don't. It's shouldn't come down to a lottery and the staff should know, but if a wee lassie just started doesn't know then the store manager bloody well should.

As for getting your discount online, well clearly it is possible as the technology already exists and it's a simple case of entering a discount code at the checkout. They just choose not to allow it. Yeah I guess it'd open to abuse but that should be quite easy to spot and anyone abusing it should be dealt with by the SSC.

But they also fail to allow people to use gift cards online too yet most other retailers seem to manage this no bother. So again, they just choose not to allow it.

They are very much stuck in the past and clearly unable to move with the times.

As you say, the quicker JD Sports is binned the better for all concerned.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

Had around a 35 minute wait in the Ipswich store when they did mine the first time, had to call the head office as they hadn't bothered to tell stores about it. Since then never had a problem sale and non sale items. Only the manager seems to know how to put it through which is a pain if he's not there, but doesn't even bother to ask me for my card now.

They basically don't have any stock anywhere. I ordered a top for gf for going to portugal, picking it up tomorrow, took them 5 days to get it to my nearest store. Knew I wouldn't be able to walk in and get one.

They basically don't have any stock anywhere. I ordered a top for gf for going to portugal, picking it up tomorrow, took them 5 days to get it to my nearest store. Knew I wouldn't be able to walk in and get one.

Bought stuff online on Sat night was here today so no bad... 2 training polos for £12.99 each...