England V Australia - Page 3 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England V Australia

northernscum

Can't see it watching the Aussies tonight.

It's a bit of a laugh although I'm actually feeling a wee bit sad for the English. They don't seem quite as dislikeable bunch as in previous years. Stuart Lancaster actually played for us!

I actually quite like Lancaster tbh.....comes across well ....as for their fans booing Foley every time he took a penalty. ....w#nkers

Fantastic performance by the aussies. Cheika is a fantastic coach. .....was brilliant with leinster.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotland rugby fans have been much worse at Murrayfield booing opposition kicks in the past.

Decent result - took Australia Half time full time at 11/5. Australia to win both halves at 3/1. Australia to win minus 13 points 9/2. Decent win on spread betting re Australia points superiority. Laid England not to win on Betfair. Just wish Id been a bit more confident with bigger stakes but lets not be greedy.

Scotland rugby fans have been much worse at Murrayfield booing opposition kicks in the past.

Remember the Australia game at Murrayfield a few years back when the Aussies got a penalty in the last minute to win.....

English Rugby fans booing when the Aussies were taking penalties. I blame the Alcohol, need to ban it :ok:

The only rugby match I've ever been to was Newcastle Falcons against someone, (my knowledge of English rugby is rather pish).

I proceeded to boo everytime Johnny Wilkinson was taking a penalty only to be eventually told (not by Newcastle fans but opposition ones) that it's not the done thing.

Though I did drunkenly manage to persuade a Newcastle fan that Johnny Wilkinson deserved to get pelters as he was leaving them at the end of the season. So in the end I had some company booing.

I think the opposition were the team with their strip 4 different coloured quadrants.

The only rugby match I've ever been to was Newcastle Falcons against someone, (my knowledge of English rugby is rather pish).

I proceeded to boo everytime Johnny Wilkinson was taking a penalty only to be eventually told (not by Newcastle fans but opposition ones) that it's not the done thing.

Though I did drunkenly manage to persuade a Newcastle fan that Johnny Wilkinson deserved to get pelters as he was leaving them at the end of the season. So in the end I had some company booing.

I think the opposition were the team with their strip 4 different coloured quadrants.

That's harlequins is it not ?

I hated him as well, but he got in my taxi one day, really nice guy,

I think that's the general consensus on Wilko. We hate him because he is English and was a brilliant player.

Now he is just a genuinely decent bloke who happens to be English. Much like Beckham IMHO. I'd have a pint with both of them.

Jerry Guscott on the other hand is a cant of a human being. Every time I have seen him out and about in Bath he is being a grade A roaster.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

Can't see it watching the Aussies tonight.

It's a bit of a laugh although I'm actually feeling a wee bit sad for the English. They don't seem quite as dislikeable bunch as in previous years. Stuart Lancaster actually played for us!

He played for the u21, well done agent Lancaster,job done.

Not going to start a separate thread but listening to the ireland/Italy game and bugs me reference to Maclean as Australian born. How come you never hear English commentators refer to the fact that some of their players weren't born there eg the New Zealand/ Australian born Vanipulas or the South African born Barritt?

I have never played Rugby but I hear the English go out to other countries and seek good young players and pay their schooling in posh English schools and claim them as English due to residency rules.

Pathetic.................although maybe their' not alone in that.

I have never played Rugby but I hear the English go out to other countries and seek good young players and pay their schooling in posh English schools and claim them as English due to residency rules.

not really true.

You're thinking of the French. I can't think of a single English player that has come into their system that way. The French have offered ten Fijian schoolboys (14 years old) contracts this year - although it's the clubs doing it not the FFR.

Well it should be stopped all around...............residency rule is a nonsense.

Anyway, they did sort it so only their Uruguay match is not at Twiickers (incl all permutations to the final) and they were the only team to get at least 7 days between games. Pathetic.

There's a party going on for another month in England's green and pleasant land but they're having to watch the rest of us enjoy it over the garden fence and through the living room window. Brilliant

Well it should be stopped all around...............residency rule is a nonsense.

Anyway, they did sort it so only their Uruguay match is not at Twiickers (incl all permutations to the final) and they were the only team to get at least 7 days between games. Pathetic.

There's a party going on for another month in England's green and pleasant land but they're having to watch the rest of us enjoy it over the garden fence and through the living room window. Brilliant

Strange, both Quarter finals involving teams from their group being at Twickenham. That's also for our group though. I Couldn't find tickets for either (on the off chance we made it) now thousands available for both. Looking at getting some since I live a 15 minute walk away and it's looking like we'll be there on the Sunday..

Scotland playing at Twickenham gives us no benefit compared to other grounds. England playing there is a massive benefit as it's their 100% full spiritual HOME.

Stinks really.

That's what you get for a home tournament. England have pushed a bit far, but New Zealand played all their big games in Auckland last time (and would have done even if they'd been second in their pool). France didn't do it in 2007 (although if they'd beaten Argentina in Paris, they would have played all their big games in Paris) - but then they screwed up and had to play the QF of their home World Cup in Cardiff. And lost. Why would any other host repeat their mistake?

Edited by biffer

Sporting integrity. That's why ! There may be nothing technically wrong with it but it isn't right!

Everything set out for them and they get humiliated. Brilliant. Now they are on the outside of their own party looking in.

Edited by Hampden View